2014 Toronto Prop Party

ATTENTION: Any builders, you may want to consider participating in the Maker Faire as Alex mentioned. They appear to have some tables available for any prop builders from the Toronto Prop Party. If any one is interested please let John know. It's definitely worth checking out. You'd be able to meet lots of talented people who are also showing off their work. It's a great opportunity to make contacts also and showcase your talents. We strongly encourage any builders to participate. I've never been to Maker Faire personally but their past events have been a lot of fun from what I hear.

Last edited:
I don't think it has to be interactive mainly it should show how making things is fun.

I'm hoping to hear back from the organizers soon about if they have space for the Toronto Prop Party, and if so how much. We're hoping to be able to have a few members showing off their props/skills to help promote TPP, as well as encourage people to make things by connecting making to cool props that they know from tv and movies. This of course would mean space is limited and we'll have to be somewhat choosey about space. So if anyone wants to take part as part of the TPP display let me know and I'll keep you posted.

If you want to do something on your own you'd need to apply via the link Alex posted.

All applicants do not have to offer interactive activities. We are showing stuff that we have made. I think work on progress stuff would be more appreciated to show the that we have actually made the stuff we are showing and the finished items. Similar to the prop party people will be asking lots of questions on how you made the items.

So the Toronto Prop Party is going to have space at the Toronto Maker Faire Sat & Sun Nov 22nd & 23rd. Space is limited to 3-4 six foot tables and a 10x10 foot area. So sadly we have to be somewhat choosy on who and what is coming as part of our display. Would you want to take part? You'd need to be available both of those days (there's a potential load-in on the evening of Friday Nov 21st too if that helps). The focus is on making so we'd like items that you are able to talk about how you made them and/or works in progress and/or items that illustrate making props.

Toronto Reference Library
789 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M4W 2G8
Canada

Saturday, 22 November 2014 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, 23 November 2014 at 5:00 PM

If anyone want's to take part please contact me ASAP.

As mentioned, there is limited space so sadly not necessarily everyone will be able to be included.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a great venue for a lot of the people we saw at the prop party. I am also surprised there isn't more interest in this. Come on people, you're not shy are you?

I'm all good. Trying to keep busy. I haven't been finishing any projects unfortunately. I have a Robocop Auto 9, A resin Greedo Killer. I got in on that Han Solo ROTJ blaster run that Boba Debt is did. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

No official planning as yet. Though, some discussion about moving it to later in the summer or early fall did take place. That would give everyone more time to work on projects. Of course I'm sure we'll all still be rushing to finish things in time anyway! lol

No official planning as yet. Though, some discussion about moving it to later in the summer or early fall did take place. That would give everyone more time to work on projects. Of course I'm sure we'll all still be rushing to finish things in time anyway! lol
Cool thanx...GM

had a great time there last year. I will definitely be attending again.

btw, can somebody help to identify this prop from one of the tables last year? thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back