Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's kinda weird to see Skye (Daisy) with powers. I'm so used to her being the weak link. Even as they tried to establish her character growth in the second season Chloe Bennett has yet to learn how to deliver a commanding presence as an actor. All too often she's playing at being tough rather than being tough. Admittedly some of this has to do with her physical stature. I hope that changes - I'm admittedly infatuated with Chloe Bennett.

It could be argued that Skye the character is "playing" tough to keep pace with first Ward, then Melinda May, Mack and the rest. Not every problem can be solved by hacking a network, so she's trying to "fake it 'til she makes it" in order to both fit in and be useful.

I enjoyed the episode but, perhaps surprisingly, not as much as the Flash mid-season finale. At the risk of inciting another flame war about spoilers, I'm a little ticked at Larry Young for posting about Trip's fate on Facebook the next day. Write about it in your recap, fine, but seriously, as the body of the post you attached the link to on Facebook? It hadn't even been 24 hours. :(

And, yes, yes, social media at your own risk, blahblahblah. Unfortunately, I was on a break at my day job and staying off social media entirely to avoid spoilers isn't really an option as an entrepreneur who doesn't want to work for "the man" for the rest of her life.

For your viewing pleasure:

Skye's Transformation

So well done.

AoS really knocked it out of the park with this (love the power wave emanating from her as well).

MAJOR props to Chloe Bennett for getting across the shock and wonder of the transformation (I think she realized that she was the one causing the quake) as well as the pain of watching Trip die... without a single line of dialogue. Granted, she doesn't hold a candle to Alyson Hannigan in Buffy or Kurt Russell in Soldier in this regard, but still... damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
For your viewing pleasure:

Skye's Transformation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWX3qJhm3-A

So well done.

AoS really knocked it out of the park with this (love the power wave emanating from her as well).

MAJOR props to Chloe Bennett for getting across the shock and wonder of the transformation (I think she realized that she was the one causing the quake) as well as the pain of watching Trip die... without a single line of dialogue. Granted, she doesn't hold a candle to Alyson Hannigan in Buffy or Kurt Russell in Soldier in this regard, but still... damn.

The music was unbelievable, sent shivers down my spine. That episode could have become a film with the excellence shown throughout.

The music was unbelievable, sent shivers down my spine. That episode could have become a film with the excellence shown throughout.

One thing I've always said... Music is the heart and soul of a scene. You can have everything be top notch, from the acting to the set design to the special effects, and if the music is subpar or unsuited to the scene, the scene will change.

Don't believe me? Think about how playing Yakety Sax makes ANY movie scene hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

7jb09ud.jpg

She definitely made the right choice in switching from singing to acting, she may be no Meryl Streep but she's a far better actor than she is a singer. That "Uh oh" song is absolutely horrible (in both English and Chinese) and the video is even worse with that god-awful dance choreography.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back