eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

The eFX website does say anticipated delivery late September/early October for the full pay option and it is still early October. Maybe we will be surprised by deliveries in the next week? It would be really nice is someone would comment on this. Obviously, they are not late in delivering yet but their website is so in need of updating. They've got so many things that are said to be "in development" that have already launched, delivered and sold out. And the Obi-Wan Extreme...wasn't that cancelled like in 2011? Anyway, I am very happy with their products and looking forward to much future successes...it would be great, however, if someone gave a little update....not because anything is wrong, just because we haven't heard anything about this in a really long time.

Last info I saw was on Rebelscum (see link below). Sometimes it feels like there's more eFx 'presence' at Rebelscum. Regardless, there's just as much information on status here as there. :D

Not to be a wet blanket, but one thing eFx fails at is their website. It would be mostly acceptable if products shipped within a 1 - 3 month window. However, beyond that, customers are mobile critters. We get new jobs, move, change our physical and electronic addresses, acquire and retire credit cards, etc. Some of my info changed between the date when I put a deposit on a TIE and when the TIEs were ready to ship. I updated my account on the eFx website, but their system did not adjust accordingly. And, when it came time for me to pay the balance on the TIE, the eFx notification went to an outdated email address and bounced.

It all worked out in the end, and I appreciate the assistance I got from eFx in making it work. However, had eFx kept their storefront modern, it wouldn't have been necessary. Some will ask, 'well, would you rather eFx sink investment in their infrastructure, or their product?' At some point that old, busted website they run is going to be unusable. My advice is don't change your email address or your credit card info if you've got a deposit in the wind. If you paid in full, don't move.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1111310-43/#post19484039

And, one last remark. I have a hard time with GINO's logic from his post on Rebelscum. As an IT project manager providing customers with status is an integral part of the customer / service provider relationship. Anyone in business to sell products of services has an obligation to keep customers informed. Especially, when schedules go long. Some work I manage is in-house. Other work involves sub-contractors. The customer doesn't care, it's all one logo. The real reason eFx can get away with this is because there is pretty limited (read 'no') competition in this market. All that said, I'm gonna shut up, wait, and take my medicine like the paid-in-full fool I am! :D

I just think we need to understand how small EFX is and they are really doing us fans a favor. Maybe I'm jaded, but based off the amount of product they sell, I assume most, if not all the employees at EFX all have other "real" jobs that pay the bills.

Disney just gave 1:6 SW license to Hot Toys, despite Sideshow having it for years. So the competition will be fiercer here, no matter old collaborations between the 2 companies. Maybe Disney will think doing the same with high end props, who knows. That should be a thing any company who is alone (for now) on the market should consider. There are a few companies already that make non-SW props: HCG, Chronicle Collectibles etc....

I just think we need to understand how small EFX is and they are really doing us fans a favor. Maybe I'm jaded, but based off the amount of product they sell, I assume most, if not all the employees at EFX all have other "real" jobs that pay the bills.

Yeah all 2 of them... No I am not kidding. It is just Bryan and Gino. They can chime in here and prove me wrong.

Well they sure have an excellent relationship with our money. I tell you though if another company comes around and is able to produce at this quality then they are gonna be shaking in their boots because that's what they have going for them right now is a quality end product. When another company is able to provide quality product with excellent staff/service communication that will win me over in a heartbeat.

Well they sure have an excellent relationship with our money. I tell you though if another company comes around and is able to produce at this quality then they are gonna be shaking in their boots because that's what they have going for them right now is a quality end product. When another company is able to provide quality product with excellent staff/service communication that will win me over in a heartbeat.

The market is too small for that right now. It might happen when Star Wars VII is released AND IF it is successful.

I don't believe anything has been officially said by Gino or Bryan. Someone at RS said that they heard EFX was having financial troubles and Gino was quick to dispel that but he did not comment any further.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back