Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

You know why you never thought of this? NOBODY thinks of this. I have never once thought that in my life until I saw the Robot Chicken episodes, and I think thats probably normal. When GL wrote this movie, there was no way he thought anyone would scrutinize his stupid dialogue as much as people here do! :lol

Not to mention all the IC's on the second Death Star:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA

The Wook

I'll admit to pointing at the screen like an excited 8 year-old at this moment.
My wife just gave me a look.

I'm the only die-hard star wars fan out of all my friends, and I kept getting looks from all of them, so guess I must have been making some sort of noises or something lol. Andthen Dr. Evazan and Ponds Baba come on, and some of them are like, heeeeey those guys! and then 3p0 and r2 show up and they're like yeeeeaaaaaaah!!! And I'm just sitting there thinking, 'oh, you poor ignorant aruetii, join me and you could feel that nostalgia and more at almost every frame.'

I guess that explains the neck issue with Vader:

spencerwilding30-06-2013.jpg

Wow, I never really thought about that. I mean, Leia was on the detention block. You would figure something as big as the Death Star could have hundreds if not thousands of prisoners on it. Maybe not all rebels, but certainly anyone captured that was not sympathetic to the Empire. Luke may have killed God knows how many innocent people.

Not to mention the contractors/Clerks deal.

And catering... https://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw

Oh. Well that confounds me even more. :lol
@The Wook I need to watch that movie again, I only saw it once, but yeah, when nerds get unleashed, there just isnt any stopping them.

The U-wing is the ship Jyn and Cassian take to Jeddha. It has 4 engines and wings that swing out. The Ghost is a cargo ship from Star Wars Rebels that people are excited about seeing in Rogue 1 in the other pictures.

The U-wing is the ship Jyn and Cassian take to Jeddha. It has 4 engines and wings that swing out. The Ghost is a cargo ship from Star Wars Rebels that people are excited about seeing in Rogue 1 in the other pictures.

Cool thanks for clarifying. I havent seen any of the Rebels tv show, so I didnt get the hubbub around it. No more cable, its too damn expensive. :cry

Cool thanks for clarifying. I havent seen any of the Rebels tv show, so I didnt get the hubbub around it. No more cable, its too damn expensive. :cry

If you get the chance, do check it out on Netflix or something. It's fantastic. I did a little happydance last night as I scored a Sabine action figure while out grocery shopping. You don't often find the girls out in the wilds. ;)

It could be that a lot of the rebels on the Scarif mission didn't know where Yavin was. The higher level officers would, but it wouldn't be that hard to encrypt the coordinates in the fighters' astromech droids and capital ships' computers. All they would be able to tell is that the planet orbited a big red gas giant.

Wow, I never really thought about that. I mean, Leia was on the detention block. You would figure something as big as the Death Star could have hundreds if not thousands of prisoners on it. Maybe not all rebels, but certainly anyone captured that was not sympathetic to the Empire. Luke may have killed God knows how many innocent people.

Not to mention the contractors/Clerks deal.

Could have, but I doubt that the Death Star, had it gone into full operation, would have had all that many prisoners at any one time. Remember, it was more than just a battle station, it was also (to a degree) a starship in its own right and would have probably been going around Tarkin's sector menacing system after system and prisoners just would have gotten in the way of the day to day operations of the Death Star. I'd imagine that it might have eventually received a few handfuls of "guests" of troublesome planets from time to time in order to ensure cooperation, and probably the occasional prisoners from either operations launched from the Death Star or prisoners who could have been offloaded by visiting Star Destroyers and other ships and held there temporarily while awaiting for transport to more permanent facilities. I don't think that the Death Star would have served as permanent prison facility, but more of as a jail and at the time of the BoY I don't think that it had been operational long enough for it to have been in the system so that nearby ships with prisoners would have known that they could drop them off there.

Either way, the Rebellion had no choice but to destroy it at Yavin, it was an imminent threat. There was no way to get prisoners out if there were more. Luke and Han couldnt have even done it, it could have blown their escape.

If Jeddha is an ancient Jedi Temple does that mean Luke is on the wrong planet from TFA???

Jedha is an ancient temple and how to a lot of Kyber crystals, but it's not "The First Jedi Temple" as stated in TFA. So Luke's in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A funny thing occurred to me after watching Rogue One. When we last see the Death Star, it's orbiting the planet Scarif where it had just put a big crater on the surface. After a while, I went back and watched the Star Wars Revisited fan edit and one of the changes that Adywan made show the Death Star orbiting a planet before it sets out for Alderaan. Gotta say for a fan edit made seven years ago that having a prequel film compliment his edit is pretty radicle. It may not look that much like Scarif since it's mostly grayed out, but it does show details of lots of water on the surface. Plus maybe the single shot on the surface robbed the planet of it's true color.

And strangely enough, an early test of the Death Star's reveal in Revisited actually featured the same planet with a more Scarif like look to it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33l6es

A funny thing occurred to me after watching Rogue One. When we last see the Death Star, it's orbiting the planet Scarif where it had just put a big crater on the surface. After a while, I went back and watched the Star Wars Revisited fan edit and one of the changes that Adywan made show the Death Star orbiting a planet before it sets out for Alderaan. Gotta say for a fan edit made seven years ago that having a prequel film compliment his edit is pretty radicle. It may not look that much like Scarif since it's mostly grayed out, but it does show details of lots of water on the surface. Plus maybe the single shot on the surface robbed the planet of it's true color.

And strangely enough, an early test of the Death Star's reveal in Revisited actually featured the same planet with a more Scarif like look to it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33l6es

Ha,...thanks for reminding me,...I had done a mock-up of that scene also.......back in the day....looks a bit ropey now

https://vimeo.com/196801102

J

I read an article today that noted the empty chair next to Tarkin in the briefing room in ANH. Was that Kremnic's chair? :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back