Jurassic World

Everyone should take it for what it is ,a big , by the numbers, EFX driven family summer blockbuster with loads of cool looking giant dinosaurs that are going to eat a lot of people in many nasty and scary ways!!! Relax and enjoy watching "Dinolord " and the clever but-playing-hard- to- get female scientist try to rescue dozens of incredibly dumb screaming kids from the clutches of "Queenzilla" down at the tourist fresh meat movable feast mall! !!! Just don't go expect Shakespeare in the Jurassic Park!!!! Many brave paleontoligists will have already died needlessly for complaining about the scientific inaccuracies to the story along with dozens of Health and Safety executives! Come on, what else did you think they fed Indominous Rex on so that she got that clever!!!!

A good popcorn flick. That's what I'm looking for and it looks like this will deliver.

Will it ever match the pure majesty of the original? No. That film was perfectly timed and introduced a new technique for doing things that still stands up to a lot of modern CG.

I don't expect that and neither should anyone else. Looking forward to this. :)

The "she found her tracker" bit has officially put me off. They had me pushing my "willful suspension of disbelief" to it's upper limit... and that just put me over the edge.

No, this doesnt look like the move to see in any year anymore than JP3 was. I doubt I would watch it for free, never mind pay for it. Compleatly disinterested in it.

but it doesn't even look that good. It looks like the same old stuff but just more and bigger.

No, this doesnt look like the move to see in any year anymore than JP3 was. I doubt I would watch it for free, never mind pay for it. Compleatly disinterested in it.

Meh. As I said, my expectations were never huge for this. For me it's already looking better than JP2 & 3. I look forward to seeing dinosaurs ripping through a park that's open to the public. I'll be there opening week for sure.

I feel like I may get jumped on for saying this, but I liked JP3. Hell, I even liked a decent amount of JP2 (but skipping past the bits that I despise is too much work for many repeat viewings). I'm curious to see what there is of the story outside of the couple minutes we have in the trailers. I've got no problem with Chris Pratt being, well, Chris Pratt.

--Jonah

I like the fact that Grant was back fo rJP3, that he had to handhold a bunch of twits who had no idea what they were getting into and who had always been able to throw money at their problems. I liked the dinosaurs. I liked that we finally got the pteranodon aviary that was in the original frikkin' book but not included in the first JP film. I liked how the kid had managed to survive. Etc, etc.

I think JP2 would have been better if they'd 1) just left Malcolm out of it, and 2) hadn't done the "dinosaurs attack city" angle. Leave those out and that's the stuff I liked. *heh*

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back