Need help to identify a vintage creepy movie.......

Andymac84

Sr Member
Hey guys.
In my childhood I've found a vhs tape in our basement with a very creepy movie on it.. I only can remember a few things, but those are clearly set in my mind.
It was some kind of an old castle where brutal murders were rearranged from the past, medieval time. There was for example a murderscene painted on a wall or canvas, hidden behind a carpet or curtain. It depics a human (girl?) who was divided into four parts by four horses. And the same happened again.
This movie is bugging me for so long.. who knew it?

It sounds like Die Schlangengrube und das Pendel, or The Blood Demon, or The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism, The Snake Pit and the Pendulum, and Castle of the Walking Dead. All different titles for the same movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blood_Demon

James

Hi. Thank you for your help. I've quickly checked this one on youtube and it could be the right one. At least it is a really good flick, so far I've seen! This one feels like a Indiana Jones movie. Booby traps, castles, old legends, hidden doorways. I have to watch it full to be 100% right about it. :):thumbsup

Hey man. Thank you too for your help. I already have this movie and have to check it again. Maybe I've overseen something. Is there also a dividing scene in it??

It sounds like Die Schlangengrube und das Pendel, or The Blood Demon, or The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism, The Snake Pit and the Pendulum, and Castle of the Walking Dead. All different titles for the same movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blood_Demon

James

I've watched the movie and it was indeed "Die Schlangengrube und das Pendel"! That's amazing. I was looking for this movie for about twenty years! Thank you so much(y)love

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I first saw it on late night TV. I found it about ten minutes in, and was enthralled! I missed the beginning, and the credits were cut short, so I had no idea what it was called myself. I ended up seeing it in a bargain VHS bin years later!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back