The CW Legends of Tomorrow

What if hawk dude looks different everytime? As in use a different actor ? That could be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really not impressed with it so far. The first ep was rushed, the second tried to fill it with a large battle with all the heroes which then became repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

The Hawks didn't seem terribly upset at the death of their past son. "Oops, our bad."

They were a little upset. But they actually didn't know him at all, only met him for less than an hour. So it's hard to have that much of a connection and feel that much of a loss from that.

I thought it improved with the 2nd episode.

Look, this show has an uphill battle. It's an ensemble show that's still establishing its ensemble. It'll never have enough time to fully explore the stories for each cast member in each episode. Particularly at the start, when it's doing so much establishing work, it's gonna feel "too busy." That said, given a chance, I think it'll pick up steam. The Flash, the current darling of the DC Berlantiverse, started off kinda "meh," too, as did Supergirl. Both improved dramatically over the course of their first season. These shows never start off AMAZING, but they grow into it.

I gave up on it, but not because it's terrible; it just needed to be super awesome for it to make my must-watch list. Just too many options out there and not enough time to watch them.

But I never did get used to the Snart performance. So that didn't help. ;)

Also, it's already into a formula. Find baddie, thwart his plans, he gets away, jump ahead a few years, repeat.

And they never find him during the years he's struggling out of a studio apartment with no lackeys, they only catch up after he's built an empire on the verge of ruling the world. ;)

This is my time travel is stupid
Except for Back To the future

Go back in time. Kill him at birth
Go back home
Roll credits

I'm actually liking this show more than I thought I would, mainly because of the Captain Cold/Heatwave duo. The show has some pretty good action sequences and it was cool to see old, one-armed Oliver in action. That episode will probably be the best one of the season, though, so it might be downhill from here. :unsure

Stephen Amell is the heart of the DC televerse. Any time he shows up it makes it seem more legit

This is my time travel is stupid
Except for Back To the future

Go back in time. Kill him at birth
Go back home
Roll credits

That's a problem for any quest-based time travel show. They could just go back to ancient Egypt, find Savage before he killed the hawk couple the first time and be done with it. Drop a nuke on him. But you can't have a show if you do that. What they should have done is come up with some plot device that kept them from doing that. Say the time ship doesn't go back that far. Do something to explain why they're not taking the obvious route.

The first hour of this just aired in the UK last night, it was not impressive, I guess you got a two hour opener, in which case it sounds like the good stuff all happens in the second episode.

Pilot episodes really need to be stronger than this in order to keep people watching, they are relying a lot on existing character brand recognition.

The first hour of this just aired in the UK last night, it was not impressive, I guess you got a two hour opener, in which case it sounds like the good stuff all happens in the second episode.

Pilot episodes really need to be stronger than this in order to keep people watching, they are relying a lot on existing character brand recognition.

Nobody got a 2-hour opener, we had to wait until the next week for the second half too.

Just watched the finale...

Am I the only one that forgot they were watching a DC show and expected HYDRA when they saw Nazis?

I read that they are introducing a lot more heroes in the next season. Come on Booster Gold and Blue Beetle!

Well, they're already introducing the JSA and Hourman. And it appears they've gotten rid of Hawkman and Hawkgirl (and thank God for that -- Hawkman was just such a drag on every scene he was in!). And Captain Cold is apparently "dead," although Wentworth Miller is still appearing in ALL of the shows now? Or something.

Anyway, decent finale, decent show. I enjoyed it, but I think it could benefit from a remixed team and a better storyline next season.

Well, they're already introducing the JSA and Hourman. And it appears they've gotten rid of Hawkman and Hawkgirl (and thank God for that -- Hawkman was just such a drag on every scene he was in!). And Captain Cold is apparently "dead," although Wentworth Miller is still appearing in ALL of the shows now? Or something.

Anyway, decent finale, decent show. I enjoyed it, but I think it could benefit from a remixed team and a better storyline next season.

Perfectly enjoyable for what it is. Stronger plot and acting than Supergirl, fine effects, and with the added bonus of whacky situations. Not perfect by a long shot. But I enjoyed the season overall.

Had to google Rex Tyler! The show went beyond my natural collection of DC lore, which I'm impressed with (am not an avid background reader but I do have quite a good knowledge of a lot of it) - JSA though! Boom!

what's the verdict on this show? is it worth checking out now that the season is over?

too me, it seems like too much too soon, even if I like most of the established actors in it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back