EFX TOS Phaser - What do you want to see?

This might help my Trek Phaser fix until someone releases another hero phaser. Roddenberry.com are you listening?

Scott Nakada of Xscapesprops.com has an upgraded alternate phaser design. There is a filming version (used on the new "Star Trek Continues" film) that can be purchased with new design metal nozzle (seen in website pictures below) and a classic metal nozzle emitter. The filming built up model has lights (no sounds) and has a higher price than the kit.

Screencap from "Star Trek Continues" trailer

nakadaphaser_classicnozzle_zps4148d716.jpg

Some other images from the website

MK_II_top_left.jpg

MK_II_top_off.jpg

MK_II_bottom.jpg

MK_II_front_right.jpg

Description of the high end prop from the website:

THE MK II & MKIIA filming prop

Built from the same parts as the MKII, and having all the same details, and including the display stand as well, these versions are built for filming and have interactive lighting. Drop the MKI onto the MKII body and it will light up, allowing the trigger to activate the lighting effect in the Beam emitter housing. The control surfaces and buttons on the MKI also fucntion as well. Powered by 2 coin cell batteries (CR2032) this is perfect for the film maker, or the avid collector. Available in two different styles, the original (as pictured) and the MKIIA which has a more classic beam emitter housing.

Last edited:
The way I see it, everyone's going to have some slight problem with the way any replica looks. People have an idealised version of what everything looks like in their heads, and every single person's version is different. One red line in one person's memory is five green lines in another's. There's always that one detail that they remember to be different, but really, they remember it wrong. I'm not saying that I've not been guitly of this myself, I'm saying everyone has, so there's always going to be something people ***** about.

THAT right there and a combination of what Frank said...

AMAZING number of " experts " out there that chime in on
how " that " should be and " this " should be.. Pity none of
them made their OWN damn " perfect replicas " of said
Props...

{ And yes I remember the MR phaser and Com bashing.
It got UGLY there for awhile..... :confused }

Oh, and I'm talking from some experience here... I've done basically
ALL the ship patterns for QMX.. You'd be amazed how many people
I have seen posting about " this widget " ain't right or " that whatsis " is wrong...

Funny considering I've worked from Studio files and yet
their " wrong...

:behave

the "button" on the very back looks out of place. Otherwise it looks really good.

This might help my Trek Phaser fix until someone releases another hero phaser. Roddenberry.com are you listening?

Scott Nakada of Xscapesprops.com has an upgraded alternate phaser design. There is a filming version (used on the new "Star Trek Continues" film) that can be purchased with new design metal nozzle (seen in website pictures below) and a classic metal nozzle emitter. The filming built up model has lights (no sounds) and has a higher price than the kit.

Screencap from "Star Trek Continues" trailer

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...cs/nakadaphaser_classicnozzle_zps4148d716.jpg

Some other images from the website

http://www.xscapesprops.com/valkyrie props/MK_II/MK_II_top_left.jpg

http://www.xscapesprops.com/valkyrie props/MK_II/MK_II_top_off.jpg

http://www.xscapesprops.com/valkyrie props/MK_II/MK_II_bottom.jpg

http://www.xscapesprops.com/valkyrie props/MK_II/MK_II_front_right.jpg

Description of the high end prop from the website:

THE MK II & MKIIA filming prop

Built from the same parts as the MKII, and having all the same details, and including the display stand as well, these versions are built for filming and have interactive lighting. Drop the MKI onto the MKII body and it will light up, allowing the trigger to activate the lighting effect in the Beam emitter housing. The control surfaces and buttons on the MKI also fucntion as well. Powered by 2 coin cell batteries (CR2032) this is perfect for the film maker, or the avid collector. Available in two different styles, the original (as pictured) and the MKIIA which has a more classic beam emitter housing.

Sorry, but I am 100% sure that middle part of the grip is not accurate.

:p

Okay, none of it is accurate to the Star Trek TOS phaser really, unless you're just funning me.

I just bought a concept phaser kfrom KCP Studios, the guy that worked on supplying phaser to the last Star Trek Into Darkness movie. See it here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/star-trek-into-darkness-concept-phaser-kenneys-custom-props-llc-195910/

This is as close as we'll get to an updated TOS phaser. The thing is incredible in the engineering of the prop. This was shown to JJ Abrahms but wasn't picked to be used.

And as of yesterday the KPC phaser is a nogo :(
if Hasbro's going to do a new run of the Classic PHASER ,it would have done it already ,,, 3 years and no word ?

Yeah, sad day that the KCP Concept Phaser was cancelled. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The EFX Phaser has got to have the sparkling LED effects and colors like the Master Replicas one. That was just too cool!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back