Death Star Plans

After seeing the film, it seems like there are 3 different versions of the design.
The design printed in the visual guide, and 2 different versions of the hero.
Looks like a lot of the trailer scenes were pre re-shoot and didn't end up in the film, and the prop was slightly redone to more closely match the visual guide design.
Or that psychic octopus got to me and I've gone insane.

A few screenshots I got from a vimeo video:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.27.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.27.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.28.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.31.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.31.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 2.31.34 PM.png

The card appears to be semi-transparent for the most part, with a gold foil circular design, and some kind of thicker dark bar across one end that is several times as thick as the rest. Which doesnt entirely match what goes into R2, but whatever.

A few screenshots I got from a vimeo video:

The card appears to be semi-transparent for the most part, with a gold foil circular design, and some kind of thicker dark bar across one end that is several times as thick as the rest. Which doesnt entirely match what goes into R2, but whatever.

It sort of looks like a filter holder for theatre lighting..Hmm......

The datacard with the gold seemed to be make from a 2.5" Harddrive, or stleast pieces of it. I could be way off but thats what I got from the .025 seconds I saw it

Too bad they haven't had an info card for a prop at one of the displays. For most of the other recent costumes they told what they were made out of.

1:1 I hope!
Dimensions are 6.5 by 10 inches total, with the top 2 forming the handle.
Trying to make a few of the "leia" data cards now...
To heck with a horse, my kingdom for an automatic stencil cutter!

Well i took my micrometer to the radareye on my R2, and while it is curved, the strict width was ~73/4mm and the height was ~2mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the movie again this morning and there is a super quick but great extreme close up of the plans when Jyn pulls them from the data vault thing. When the Blu-Ray comes out I can't wait to make one of these!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back