D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vGuQ17HkTc
Two minute preview.

I just got chills and tears watching that.

Man, Tyler Hoechlin just NAILED it as both Clark AND Superman.

that looked MUCH better than the stills.

I PRAy the WB is smart enough to keep the SJW crap and promotional crap (no more julie chen please) out of this show, and just make it as fun as the flash.

I also loved how superman just flew by watching until supergirl ASKED for his help.

He's "clean shaven" in all those images. Not to the absolute bone, but he doesn't have to be. His look is ever so slightly stubbly. Whats wrong with that?

It makes him look like EVIL SPLIT Supes (from Superman III) that's whats wrong.

They should have called him Superboy.

i haven't seen any yet but not a big fan of that clip. the clark scene was nice but not too hooked on the rest but maybe just need to invest some time in watching the actual series.

i haven't seen any yet but not a big fan of that clip. the clark scene was nice but not too hooked on the rest but maybe just need to invest some time in watching the actual series.

Yeah, so just seen the intro clip. It's not the worst. We are very spoilt nowadays - let us please cast our minds back to when we cheered when the suit was shown from a few hundred feet away in Smallville.

We got bumbling Clark Kent, and a bright, colourful and friendly Superman....I thought that's what you all wanted. ;)

I'll be keeping up with Supergirl for maybe 3 reasons total. 1) When they nail it, they nail it - the show does have a few key moments done very well. 2) It is now on the CW, and will be linking in with Flash, Arrow and Legends. Insane four episode cross over inbound at the end of this year! And 3) Superman. I don't care if it isnt much, or its not done the best way evarrrrr - it's Superman. On the TV. :thumbsup The same reason I even tuned into Season 1 - it's Supergirl. On the TV!

Even though I absolutely know in my heart of hearts that this won't be amazing - I was grinning at this. Can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

the actual series, IMHO is kind of terrible.

Lots of SJW stuff.....childish writing, writing that sounds like fan fiction (especially that last scene where the man hunter was accepted)

they really need to step up their game. it felt like 3 different people where writing thisshow and none of them where really interested in the superhero stuff. One wanted a super agent james bond type show. one wanted woman power, the other wanted to do social justice commentary.

We got bumbling Clark Kent, and a bright, colourful and friendly Superman....I thought that's what you all wanted. ;)

Should know that i am more then content with what we are getting with the dc movies and i like cavill as superman. Ive always wanted the tv universe to be a part of the movie verse and while i support ezra as the flash i at first wanted to have grant as the movies flash...don't forget btw i have no time spent on watching the actual series so have yet to have a connection to this show. Dw its on my to do list ;)

Should know that i am more then content with what we are getting with the dc movies and i like cavill as superman. Ive always wanted the tv universe to be a part of the movie verse and while i support ezra as the flash i at first wanted to have grant as the movies flash...don't forget btw i have no time spent on watching the actual series so have yet to have a connection to this show. Dw its on my to do list ;)

No I know mate, that was more a general shout out to the inevitable "this is corny" coming from the same people saying "this is brooding" about DCEU.

I wouldnt put this on high priority - I genuinely skimmed through a few episodes fast forwarding parts and didn't feel like I missed much. It was just a little too corny and family friendly at times.

However it also gave me ridiculous good grins when they crossed over with the Flash. Amazing moments (although overall still some rubbish bits)

However it also gave me ridiculous good grins when they crossed over with the Flash. Amazing moments (although overall still some rubbish bits)

you can't get that same kind of giddiness when the flash is busy phasing through enemies and blasting them to bits, or superman is crashing through buildings willy nilly.

The giddiness probably came through because the FUN was there and it reminded folks of how super hero's used to be, when they had FUN being a hero.

But yeah, you didn't miss much not seeing the actual series. and not because of the light heartedness, but because the writing was crap.

After that last clip, I have a little hope that they tightened up their writing more.

Just that little touch that superman was watching her try and handle it herself and only stepped in when she asked for help made it seem ALOT more fun than the first season.

If The Flash is any indication, CW has learned a few things from the brooding and depressing days of smallville.

you can't get that same kind of giddiness when the flash is busy phasing through enemies and blasting them to bits, or superman is crashing through buildings willy nilly.

The giddiness probably came through because the FUN was there and it reminded folks of how super hero's used to be, when they had FUN being a hero.

But yeah, you didn't miss much not seeing the actual series. and not because of the light heartedness, but because the writing was crap.

After that last clip, I have a little hope that they tightened up their writing more.

Just that little touch that superman was watching her try and handle it herself and only stepped in when she asked for help made it seem ALOT more fun than the first season.

If The Flash is any indication, CW has learned a few things from the brooding and depressing days of smallville.

Except (without being black and white, because everything is a spectrum...) I did get a giddiness watching the films. I get a deep emotional hit off the films. I get a fun, warm hit off some of the TV shows. I laughed at Flash and Supergirl meeting and the character reactions. I watched in awe as Clark walked out into the world wearing the S for the first time and pushed him limits.

I dont remember when Flash phased through one of his enemies?

And are you saying when Superman got thrown through one of many hundreds of buildings in S:TAS or JL, or JLA, or the comics, or the many animated films, you werent giddy? ;)

And are you saying when Superman got thrown through one of many hundreds of buildings in S:TAS or JL, or JLA, or the comics, or the many animated films, you werent giddy? ;)

not really.

Action sequences are fine and all. But i prefer character moments these days.

I liked more of the scene where the JLU arrives to help the battered city that got destroyed by their own super laser.
The crowd was so wary out of all the destruction, they actually refused help.

That's one reason why that idea for a series about a super hero destruction insurance company, on NBC I think it was, was a VERY interesting idea

I'm sorry I found that new trailer to be fun and I like the light heartedness of it. The real world is already dark and gloomy with all the sicko's out there. What is wrong with having something that is corny and a little goofy that makes you smile and wish that we actually had these types of people to help out in the world. Is this show Gone with the Wind? heavens no but it is fun and mostly entertaining just like the Flash.

I agree. I don't really want this show to drain my brain when I watch it. Just give me some fun stuff and let me look at the hot chick and I'm good with it. There's enough dark and gritty stuff out there.

I agree. I don't really want this show to drain my brain when I watch it. Just give me some fun stuff and let me look at the hot chick and I'm good with it. There's enough dark and gritty stuff out there.

Are we allowed to say hot chick these days? or will 25 forum members come down on us for being neanderthalls? :eek:)

but yeah, i've NEVER really been a fan of dark, grim and gritty. one reason why i say the dark knight comic book is highly over rated.

Also, if they bring in Lois Lane at some point, they need to cast someone who looks like Lois, can act, and who looks like they could be related to Jenna Dewan Tatum.

I vote for Michelle Monaghan.

Michelle-Monaghan-Wallpapers.jpg

Seriously, would she not make a great Lois?

Just more proof that the Williams score is the superlative score...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrngeEuYh8

While i am not arguing the point,

I would like to give bonus points to the S:TAS score writers. that theme is just beautiful ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if they bring in Lois Lane at some point, they need to cast someone who looks like Lois, can act, and who looks like they could be related to Jenna Dewan Tatum.

She looks the part. not sure if i've seen anything she's been in though.

I just remember not really caring for smallville lois. Even though she didn't look the part, i thought the blonde lady was more lois than the 'real' lois. although it's been ages since i watched the show.

While i am not arguing the point,

I would like to give bonus points to the S:TAS score writers. that theme is just beautiful ;o)

It was very nice, though if we're going with Superman animated themes, I thought the best was Superman: Doomsday.

She looks the part. not sure if i've seen anything she's been in though.

True Detective and Fort Bliss come to mind, though I like her appearances in those for... other reasons.

I just remember not really caring for smallville lois. Even though she didn't look the part, i thought the blonde lady was more lois than the 'real' lois. although it's been ages since i watched the show.

Blonde lady? You mean little Kewpie Doll voiced Keri Lynn Pratt who played Cat Grant?

latest?cb=20101027011625.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back