New Halo Assault Rifle Mold

MjolnirArmor

Makes for much better pulls no doubt. Big Props to Bluerealm for helping me get the new mold taken care of for the Assault Rifle. Finally the two halves fit together in a glorious harmony of awesomeness.

As you can imagine, I'll be creating my armory!

d5dcd2d38b.jpg

67544e0d23.jpg

ac9a442847.jpg

8d54c5f1a4.jpg

b591b40931.jpg

Last edited:
Are there classes you can take on working with resin? I've got to learn how to do this cool stuff.

Well, I learned at the "Trial and Error" academy in my garage.

but, here are a few links:
http://www.danperezstudios.com/workshoppages/molding_casting.htm

http://www.hirstarts.com/moldmake/moldmaking.html

also, Micromark makes a real nice 1:1 RTV that is *very* forgiving. Try that to start with.

I would start with small stuff. I have been doing it for a few years and I wouldn't even attempt something this big.

That rifle is awesome! Most people don't have any idea how hard that is to do and for that piece to come out so clean is amazing.

Nice work!

Last edited:
Gorgeous molds....love the look.

Are you perchance the gent who made the awesome casting videos on youtube for these guns and the Helmet?

Alexis
*smiles*

I would not call them awesome. That was when I was trying to cast the two halves separately. It wasn't until Bluerealm made this new mold that I'm going to try and make a few. I've learned much since those videos were made.

Wow I'm thinking about getting one now.. it would be easier now cuz you could just throw it in the box.. and the new molds look so clean... awesome as always.

~Thoms

Wow I'm thinking about getting one now.. it would be easier now cuz you could just throw it in the box.. and the new molds look so clean... awesome as always.

~Thoms

Might just throw one in there anyways for making you sit and wait so long...

Looks like cabosil is going to be required to keep that thing at a tolerable weight. Nice mold!

Yup, I'm using a filler to help with weight... but it's also hollow so it's very managable.

Makes for much better pulls no doubt. Big Props to Bluerealm for helping me get the new mold taken care of for the Assault Rifle. Finally the two halves fit together in a glorious harmony of awesomeness.

As you can imagine, I'll be creating my armory!

d5dcd2d38b.jpg

67544e0d23.jpg

ac9a442847.jpg

8d54c5f1a4.jpg

b591b40931.jpg

not seeing any pics

Well, I learned at the "Trial and Error" academy in my garage.

but, here are a few links:
Dan Perez Studios

Hirst Arts Mold Making Page

also, Micromark makes a real nice 1:1 RTV that is *very* forgiving. Try that to start with.

I would start with small stuff. I have been doing it for a few years and I wouldn't even attempt something this big.

That rifle is awesome! Most people don't have any idea how hard that is to do and for that piece to come out so clean is amazing.

Nice work!

i was looking at micromarks 10:1 rtv, the 1:1 is good but never seems to last enough.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back