Captain America TFA Costume Build - DONE! - New Helmet Build Pics!

Re: Captain America TFA Costume Build - WIP

And they work fine on ABS plastic, nylon, etc? And I should't have to clearcoat it right? I mean it's plastic, so it's not going to rust.

So I should go with these 3?

Dupli-Color MC201 Metalcast Blue Anodized Spray Paint 026916006394 | eBay

Dupli-Color MC200 Metalcast Red Anodized Spray Paint 026916006387 | eBay

Duplicolor MC100 Metalcast Paint | eBay

I use them for all the car stuff that I do, metal and plastic. I just use their primer promoter for any application.

Yes those are the two that I have. I just use their "chrome" paint tho instead of that base or if you want a lot better quality chrome go with Eastwood.

here's a quick sample. Duplicolor Chrome. I couldn't find a steel wool so I used a wire brush to do the texture.

What the dry time, and full cure time like on that stuff? And more importantly in our Climate, lol

But you say I should get steel wool? Like the **** people use to wash dishes?

Can you link me to the Eastwood paint, thanks Macky!

What the dry time, and full cure time like on that stuff? And more importantly in our Climate, lol

But you say I should get steel wool? Like the **** people use to wash dishes?

Can you link me to the Eastwood paint, thanks Macky!

YW J.

I would wait at least 24 hrs on the chrome before you texture it, but at about 75* there's a 10 min flash time on the primer. The Metalcast is dry to the touch in a few hours.

here's the link to the Eastwood stuff
Eastwood Company: Search Results for Chrome Paint inproducts

I have noticed with the Duplicolor, heavier coats work best rather than multiple light coats. It gets very grainy when done too light. It's a pretty finicky paint

Ugh... now I don't know what to do... I'm gonna battle damage the **** outta it anyways... so I suppose it doesn't matter. And I think the Metalcast series will behave differently from normal Duplicolor simply because it's an anodized paint.

Yeah, I was talking about the Metalcast... I used them on my first shield, and started on my second. I need to strip it down and give it another go

I've made some good progress. Can't really show much yet, as everythign is still in a state of 80% complete, lol, but rest assured there will be pics... here is a partial suit up I did, please note, nothing was finished, not wearing my gloves, stars, no straps, boots, etc... but I just wanted to give you a early taste...

260151_4341328648083_1230606456_n-1.jpg

Oh yeah... and I also finished up the chest pouches and belt...

298341_4387531603128_715801889_n.jpg

looks fabulous GJ, are you hand stichting you leather work? The lines are perfect!

just an FYI, the testors clear reds and blues come out much better, more more even than the metalcast paints. Much easier to use as well.

Thanks Rikarus, yes, everything has been hand stiched. :) I'm a perfectionist, graphic designer by day, so I'm used to things being just right. ;)

Damn Chris. I already bought the Metalcast... oh well. It'll have to do. :)

Thanks guys! Here is an update.

Gloves are finished. These pics don't really do them justice, but I assure you, they look great in person! :)

554422_4417952763638_984902447_n.jpg

430027_4416043915918_1561206459_n.jpg

Thanks Mike!

Small Update: Not going for screen accurate, but for an abs airsoft shield, it looks like metal. :) This pic doesn't do it justice. Still need to lay the blue around star and weather it.

577254_4432941978359_985820470_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back