Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 18 December: ANH DH17 stunt casting upgrades

More upgrades in progress. I somehow missed most of this when it was discovered!

Don't have all the parts yet.
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/anhdh172.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/anhdh171.jpg

Looking good! I missed these discoveries too.
Did someone also figure out that those microchips are also what was used on the tops of some of the ANH E-11 scopes?
Those mysterious blocks on top that were thought to be pour sprues on resin scopes at one time. :)

Re: Project Updates 15 Feb 2016: Carbonite panel and bowcaster upgrades

That HIC deserves a slow clap. :)

ALL of Marcus´ work deserves this :cool

Well done buddy!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good! I missed these discoveries too.
Did someone also figure out that those microchips are also what was used on the tops of some of the ANH E-11 scopes?
Those mysterious blocks on top that were thought to be pour sprues on resin scopes at one time. :)

Hmmmm....that surely sounds plausible, any high res screencaps available to support this theory?
The size of these "sprues" would be very close to the chips:

blaster2.jpg

Very interesting... Thanks Chris. Chip including holder?

Thanks Jason, Markus.

Very interesting... Thanks Chris. Chip including holder?

Thanks Jason, Markus.

I´d say WITHOUT socket...this would make the assembly to high IMHO
Looks more like the 14 PIN chip only

Project Updates 18 Feb 2016: New Cantina aliens

Also got some new Cantina additions recently from Thrawn_es the new Cantina Master!

cantina1.jpg

cantina2.jpg

I just have no more space for new additions now :-\
cantina3.jpg

Re: Project Updates 20 Feb 2016: Cantina aliens and hero macros EL

That's awesome! I'm contemplating video camera in mine if it can be completely hidden and not ruin any aspect of the accuracy. But this might be a better solution... or just a video monitor playing a small loop of the sand people view.

Re: Project Updates 20 Feb 2016: Cantina aliens and hero macros EL

Look for Trooper's thread where he did just that.

That's awesome! I'm contemplating video camera in mine if it can be completely hidden and not ruin any aspect of the accuracy. But this might be a better solution... or just a video monitor playing a small loop of the sand people view.

Project Updates 22 Feb 2016: Hoth A295 V1 and my blaster room

Finally got another ESB style Singlepoint (prices have been crazy of course) so gearing up to finishing this blaster. And with more daylight and the rain finally stopping I was able to get it painted. And not a moment too soon, I felt a few raindrops on my skin as I was carrying it back indoors!

This is my third and final ESB STGW44 based blaster. I used reflective material on the scope tip but I need to make it half the thickness...

esba29512.jpg

esba29513.jpg

esba29514.jpg

And.... finally got my blaster display panels done. Unfortunately I ran out of hooks and can't find a source for the same style so there are still another six blasters to go up (plus about another 20 from other movies - I'm going to run out of space again...)

blasterwall3.jpg

blasterwall2_1.jpg

blasterwall4.jpg

Re: Project Updates 22 Feb 2016: Hoth A295 V1 and my blaster room

It's good not to be tripping over blasters all over the floor for a change! The number of accidents I had to repair!!!

I really like the way you hung your DL-44s. It's very....oddly satisfying to look at.

Stop having more DL 44 variations than me! Seriously... I can't catch a break between you, and Scott, and mattymatt, and now veektohr.... You're all killing me!

Don't feel bad, I only have two completed DL44s and one Merr Sonn. The rest are still as yet five unconverted MGCS and a real C96 that I don't have the heart to cut up!

Tom, the DLL44 display style was Markus' idea!

Michael --> :darnkids
Stop having more DL 44 variations than me! Seriously... I can't catch a break between you, and Scott, and mattymatt, and now veektohr.... You're all killing me!

Don't feel bad, I only have two completed DL44s and one Merr Sonn. The rest are still as yet five unconverted MGCS and a real C96 that I don't have the heart to cut up!

Tom, the DLL44 display style was Markus' idea!

Michael --> :darnkids

Love the blaster room!!!

I just updated my thread with the evolution of my blaster display ;)

Between you and Markus I'm going to have to cut out a couple of other hobbies to catch up! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back