Defiance Props

I've been rewatching the recent episode and I've to realize something: the microphone used by Alak and Datak in the Arch's radio station, I do believe is a bunsen burner. I came to this determination because I recall seeing one in person that looked like the microphone seen in the show.

Hi there....
blueblade74....Nice rendering. You might want to look at the extended hand/trigger gaurd. I think in the original it's an add on (See page #1). You and Eric should co-op !! You both are doing amazing work. I know he was working on dimensions as well.
CB2001...I really like the background props in this show. The mix of "Po-Tech" and "Vo-Tech" is very cool. The post-apoalyptic feel of make do with what 'cha got. Anybody notice that the Doc used a cold fire gun to activate the artifact (The Golden Kolovan) ??
I'm still CHARGED for a charge blade. Hitting the Home Depot tomorrow looking at diffrent styles of box cutters as a base, then the flea market SUN looking for some plexi to chop up. Hopefully I can find some LED thingies post 4th of July on clearance at Wally World.

~Edwin~
P.S. Extra hello to Sean & CB2001, fellow Floridian, Tampa turf here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody notice that the Doc used a cold fire gun to activate the artifact (The Golden Kolovan) ??
P.S. Extra hello to Sean & CB2001, fellow Floridian, Tampa turf here.

Welcome to the forums fellow Floridan Edwin. I did notice that the Doc was using the Volge weapon that Ben used in the first episode against the gold knot. I'm glad you like the background props in the show, as I myself like some of them too.

Well hello back at my fellow Floridians. hope you guys have better luck than I. finding stuff to work with. I can't even buy a small brass tube at any of my few local hobby stores. I hate this city....

Thanks bad wolf. May sound dumb. but I wonder If there's any chance that's the working one from the show. looks as if it may have a slide that goes back...

Hi there...
I had been Googling and following threads the other night and came across a lead minature sprue that had the "Nolan Gun". It was just a pic of it, another pic of it removed from the sprue in a guys hand. That was all. Was interesting.
On another note...season finale !! Next episode June of 2014 !! You got to be fraking kidding me.

~Edwin~

image.jpg

My company is currently mass producing the badges...Next we tackle the gun....

There's not much to show for the other technical views of Nolan's gun that would really be interesting, so instead here's a pic of my first attempt at the Castithan Charge Blade: http://imageshack.us/a/img560/9679/59h5.jpg I based my sketch largely on a concept drawing I managed to find online: http://imageshack.us/a/img819/5624/ed7s.jpg Compared to what few decent reference pics I could find of the screen-used charge blade as used by Datak Tarr, it looks like the details between the two match up pretty well: http://imageshack.us/a/img546/4530/6sm5.jpg (You can see the string of small LEDs on the handle, as shown on the concept drawing) http://imageshack.us/a/img689/2991/8e68.jpg (The large, round protrusion just behind the blade and the curvature of the handle, along with the light-up blue triangle at the end, also seem to match) http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9533/8xci.jpg Aside from resizing a few of the details (ie. round protrusion is larger than on the concept drawing), I think we've got a pretty good base to work from. I'll post here when I've made substantial progress with either.
Hey, thought this might help you... I happened across some good reference pics of a couple Defiance props at the prop company's website: TV and Film props

Hey, thought this might help you... I happened across some good reference pics of a couple Defiance props at the prop company's website: TV and Film props

Thanks, Storm! Those new pics of the charge blade are just what I was hoping to find to accurately draw mine. I should now be able to get it pretty much dead-on with those. Thanks again! Your help is very much appreciated, dude ;)

Here are some screen grabs (Sorry for the low quality from my phone) but I figured it would be useful at some point for other angles. Here

nice grabs, nicklogan! thanks for the additional views!!

Yeah, what he said! Those will definitely help with the additional technical views I need to draw up. Haven't really made anymore progress since the last time I posted (in the middle of another project that requires my immediate attention), but hopefully will have something new to post soon.

Regarding Nolan's gun, from what I gathered during my online searches, the machined metal pistol we've all seen pics of by now is the original hero unit made for the show. As I understand it, they CNC milled the shell to place around a Beretta 92F, then added whatever other surface details (ie. hex screws) and weathering effects to finish it off.

Something I noticed in the screencaps Nick Logan linked to, is that they also added a working clip release on the left-hand side of the grip, I would assume so they could make use of the functional release present on the base Beretta hidden within. I've been drawing mine based on the pics of the raw shell, but now that I know that feature is in fact present on the screen-used hero unit I'll be putting that into my design as well.

Never having scratch-built a gun before, I'm admittedly at a loss on how to make any such working features, but I'll figure something out, lol.

Glad I could help. I've never even seen Defiance but I found that site while looking for Warehouse 13 stuff and then saw this thread later that day and thought I'd share.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back