What Is This Old Horror Movie?

Teska

Hi, everyone. The only thing I can remember from this movie is a beach scene towards the end of the movie where this person was buried up to their neck on the beach and I guess later someone comes with a chainsaw and slowly lowers it towards the person's head.

The next thing I can remember was a part of the movie where there were invisible footprints being made. Also I remember the movie being almost silent at parts (not sure if this was the movie or the VCR I was watching it on at the time).

What is the name of this movie?

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for replying. No, it isn't Blood Beach but it felt really close. I believe there were ghost(s) in the movie and a house. I recall the footprints being made on the sand of the beach by an invisible being (perhaps a ghost)...

Ok, I had a feeling there might have been several people at this beach house, the movie is old, I don't know how old but it could have been made in the 80s.

I don't remember any of the actors, everything is very vague and blurry when thinking about the movie, and I checked and it's not Tales of the Crypt.

Ok, I had a feeling there might have been several people at this beach house, the movie is old, I don't know how old but it could have been made in the 80s.

Also I remember the movie being almost silent at parts (not sure if this was the movie or the VCR I was watching it on at the time).

I don't remember any of the actors, everything is very vague and blurry when thinking about the movie, and I checked and it's not Tales of the Crypt.

Yeah, that was well before "talkies" :lol

Was the person buried in the sand Ted Danson?

Funny you mention that. I was in a chatroom that was hosted by Universal Studios back in 1997/8, and George Romero was a special guest in the main chatroom that was held on the Universal Studios' website because it was close to Halloween, and many famous horror movie guests were coming on for the week before Halloween (I remember reading that they were going to be having Angus Scrimm from the "Phantasm" films that same week, but I can't remember who else was going to be online). I actually asked Romero the question of what was the most difficult scene he ever filmed, and he said that scene with Ted Danson on the beach with the waves coming in was it (because Romero was worried that, even with Danson sitting in a hole, with his head in a sheet of styrofoam that was then covered with a layer of dirt on it, to which if anything went wrong Danson could easily stand up, Romero stated he was worried about Danson drowning). I actually asked four questions, and got all of them answered by him (I was surprised to find out that Romero was originally going to direct the adaptation of "Christine" and that John Carpenter was originally going to direct "Firestarter"). I've tried to find the complete transcript of the chat, but the closest I was able to find was at Homepage of the Dead, and they've cut a lot out of the chat, which includes all four of the questions I asked. :(

Could it be the Evil Dead series?

Negative. The first two films were set in the woods. The third film was set in in medieval Europe and Ash's place of work. The reboot took place in the woods again. No scene involving a beach or anyone buried up to their necks.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back