Rubbertoe Replicas Smith/Capaldi Sonic Screwdriver

phez

Sr Member
I got home from work today and this was waiting for me. :p
I have been wanting one of these for a long time but I am completely blown away by how nice this is.
If you are a fan of this prop it does not get any better than this.

IMG_0257.jpg

It is a limited edition size of 250
IMG_0247.jpg

The stand has the prop makers signature and the edition number (Display looks great)

IMG_0248.jpg

It looks like all of the plastic parts are from the same molds as the older sonics.
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I looked at this on the stand for two days and finally just had no choice but to take it apart and study it :$

I can add to the review that this prop is built like a tank. After seeing how it is constructed I can say for sure this
would work just as well as a cosplay prop as it does as a display piece if that is your goal (just make sure you don't lose it :p)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
It turns out my builds are off a bit int middle section. It looks like I need to remake the middle part and handle.
I guess this this is a tricky one to get right from pictures.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the great photos! Especially the disassembled ones. I know I wouldn't have been able to wait long to take one apart either.

I love the comparison pics of your builds next to the real one. There are always discrepancies, but isn't it amazing how close some things are, even just working from photo reference?

I love the comparison pics of your builds next to the real one. There are always discrepancies, but isn't it amazing how close some things are, even just working from photo reference?

Yup :lol

I am going to shift gears and switch my build over to the prototype version from Nick's site since this one really covers the Smith/Capaldi thing.
protoSonic.jpg

I think it is the one on the left here so I should be able to use the rubbertoe replica to scale things correctly.

4sonics.jpg

I wanted to add to this review that rubbertoe replicas has great customer service. I dropped an email to ask about the tip that came on my sonic (the one it came with was the more opaque version seen in some of the episode). I asked if it was possible to get one of the more transparent marbled ones (the are both screen accurate, it is just a personal preference for me). 5 days later the new tip arrived and it is perfect. The marble effect is awesome on this one!!!!!!'m

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I am very proud to own a genuine Nick Robbato made sonic.
Like many, I waited since series 5 to get a good replica, but what was eventually offered ended up being Better than a replica as we know it - now you can get one hand made by the man himself, something extremely rare in this hobby.
The pedigree makes this so special and Nick is such a wonderful man who really takes time to answer questions and treat you like a friend.
I had a minor issue that Nick was quick to respond to, even with his obvious long line of customers demanding so much of his attention via emails and Facebook, I really felt that individual "Artisan Touch" when communicating with him.
Not only will this prop hold a valued place among my collection, it'll be a true honor to carry it (very lovingly) with me to cosplay events.

Ah fantastic! I ordered mine a while back, out of interest which number did you get as i am number 60 but im still waiting on mine??

I love the photos of the Rubbertoe sonics people have posted. I have not yet received mine, it's driving me little crazy waiting....like a little kid waiting for christmas morning! Mine will be number 51.

For anyone who received their sonic, how easily should the sonic extend? Mine often extends with little or no force. Is this normal? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity? Thanks! BTW: This sonic looks amazing! Thanks Nick!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back