RANCOR Sculpt FINISHED PAGE 7!

Saw it at Burnley SW event this weekend and the detail thats captured into it as a resin casting, is absolutely fantastic. The whole piece looks the real business. It was good to meet you Chris and others there, it was a great gig, very busy though.On the way out one guy said the queue was bigger than they got for some of the matches Burnley played!!!!!

That turned out absolutely amazing!!! Love it! I hope you find someone soon to cast it. I have some money burning a whole in my wallet and would love to spend it on this! Such talent.

Very nice diorama.
Great sculpting and painting on the rancor!!
This is by far the finest representation of the Rancor i have seen :thumbsup

Superb ... wonderful ... no words ... to describe this ... really!

It makes me eager to finish my upgrade of the Hasbro EU version ... then on to the vinyl rancor before tackling yours I suppose ... :) ... will your future casting come with your version of Luke holding that bone? ... I love that pose!

Chaim

P.S. Try a grid between your light source and the Rancor ... as seen in this picture to capture that movie magic :

Last edited:
Thanks very much everyone! Sym-Cha, I had thought of using a grid for the lighting actually - I'll perhaps give it a go. I won't be including the Luke unfortunately as it is based off an action figure, and I'd class that as recasting. - All you'll need to do is buy a Luke and modify it.

I've been thinking about the casting and I may actually end up casting it myself by buying a load of silicone and building some large two part moulds. I don't have a professional setup but I think I've learnt enough from casting this one to make a good go at it. I'll probably look into the details this next week.

you did a great job, best replica i've seen.

nice texture work, really brings it to life

-z

Wow man that is truly incredible. I mean it looked promising from the get go but it is just like stills from the film. I especially love the drool from his mouth. Very well done mate. Excellent work.

Alaneye is a moulding and casting God. I took this round to his and we worked out the best way to mould it - which involved me saying 'how about doing it like this', and him looking at me like I was primitive man. I'm currently working on the moulds. As soon as it is ready and I'm confident with the casts I'll update and start a for sale thread.

Thanks very much for your patience, those who have expressed an interest in the kit. It shouldn't be too long now, God willing.

Awesome news! Waiting anxiously. :)

Alaneye is a moulding and casting God. I took this round to his and we worked out the best way to mould it - which involved me saying 'how about doing it like this', and him looking at me like I was primitive man. I'm currently working on the moulds. As soon as it is ready and I'm confident with the casts I'll update and start a for sale thread.

Thanks very much for your patience, those who have expressed an interest in the kit. It shouldn't be too long now, God willing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back