Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Well removing that screw allows the entire internal mechanism to slide out of the back if you pull it, so some kind of pin needs to be there. On the launch at guns at least, you can see the screw still in place on the opposite end of where the selector was, not sure about the screen used prop though.

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Thanks guys.
One more question, if the selector switch is removed is there something else that can keep the screw on the opposite side in place, or does it need to be modified in some way?

It screws into a shaft connected to the selector, so youd need to still use that shaft and just cut the selector off of it, or use something else like a wooden dowel. The breakout is on the back of the manual, it shows you how the whole thing comes apart.

Last edited:

Has anyone tried using a Dark Energy Creations ANH DL-44 kit on an M712 Mauser? I didn't realize I have an M712 Mauser when I bought the ANH kit; am considering selling the kit and buying a TFA kit from DEC since Dave's making those now but if I can make this ANH kit work without a lot of heavy modding I'll probably keep it.

Thoughts?

Although very similar, there are a few differences in the ANH and TFA blasters. (I assume the makers wanted to have a close resemblance for all but us eagle eyed RPF members.)

Aside from the actual base gun differences including the detachable mag, full auto selector switch and slab side engraved rectangles, there is not much difference.

If if you simply want a nice looking ANH/TFA blaster hybrid, you could fit the ANH parts to the Airsoft.

The bull barrel could be attached with paste epoxy which would help fill the voids and space between the Airsoft and bull barrel.
the Flash Hider attaches to the bull barrel with a thumbscrew.

The scope and mount can attach with 2 part epoxy.

The most work would be with the grill. You would need to file or sand the inside to widen it enough to fit the wider mag well. A dremel would make quick work of it. The latest kits have cast metal grills that file easy.

I think ink there are members here that have used Airsoft base guns and could add build details. Maybe a search would find some links too.

hope this helps.

Although very similar, there are a few differences in the ANH and TFA blasters. (I assume the makers wanted to have a close resemblance for all but us eagle eyed RPF members.)

Aside from the actual base gun differences including the detachable mag, full auto selector switch and slab side engraved rectangles, there is not much difference.

If if you simply want a nice looking ANH/TFA blaster hybrid, you could fit the ANH parts to the Airsoft.

The bull barrel could be attached with paste epoxy which would help fill the voids and space between the Airsoft and bull barrel.
the Flash Hider attaches to the bull barrel with a thumbscrew.

The scope and mount can attach with 2 part epoxy.

The most work would be with the grill. You would need to file or sand the inside to widen it enough to fit the wider mag well. A dremel would make quick work of it. The latest kits have cast metal grills that file easy.

I think ink there are members here that have used Airsoft base guns and could add build details. Maybe a search would find some links too.

hope this helps.

Thanks a lot; I may end up keeping the kit based on your info. Biggest concern is the fitment of the bull barrel to the gun; I want this to be durable and not prone to popping off when I holster it.

The kit used small hex screws to attach and center the barrel but you can also use the epoxy putty. It comes in a roll. http://www.zoro.com/j-b-weld-epoxy-...gclid=COH06aLjqsoCFdEYHwod5uICOg&gclsrc=aw.ds

any major brand should be fine. You cut off a section and kneed it into a uniform color. It gets warm and hardens.

The good thing is that it is solid and holds and can be adjusted for a few minutes. Once it sets it is very strong. Can be drilled and threaded.

As as it cures it gets stiffer so you can re position the barrel to be sure it is straight.

It will fill any space between the bull barrel and the Airsoft barrel. Before it hardens completely you can cut off or blend/ shape it like clay.

Trial dry fit all first. Make sure where you want to cut the Airsoft barrel. About where the end of the booster is.

Last edited:

Hi, the ANH grill from Dark Energy is pretty flexible and can be ajusted to fit the HFC mauser by gently bending it by hand. I just did that with mine and it fits the mag nicely. You could perhaps go for a tighter fit by using a dremel or a file, but it would be pretty easy. I dissasembled my HFS mauser totally yesterday, and the metal is actually pretty thick. So I will try to drill holes to fit the screws. They will have a few milimeters to screw into - and use glue/epoxy or silver welding for the rest. Just to make the scope mount sit tightly.

I got the ANH DL44 set from Dark Energy before seeing the TFA prop. So I will just try to make the best of this set and my HFC mauser. Sorry if i'm hijacking this thread - perhaps it's more of an exploring the TFA blaster, than working with the HFC gun thread. I would just like to share how I attached the scope, without killing the inner gun mechanism.

1. Dismaltle the gun totally and remove all of the inner stuff
2. Drill the two holes for the scope bar
3. Use a thread cutter in the holes. The metal is 2mm thick, so there is enough to turn the screws about 3 times.
IMG_1616.JPG

4. In the hole in the back of the gun you can turn the screw 1/2 mm into the gun, but not anymore. The magazine well has no room at all, so do not turn the screw into the inner.
IMG_1640.JPG
5. Put epoxy on the screws and turn them into place. Put epoxy on the back of the two caps and the lower part of the screws. This glues the caps to the gun and the screws for extra strenght.
IMG_1639.JPG
If you use the ANH kit from Dark Energy, the front cap needs to be filed, so the scope bar can run paralell to the gun. This is because the mag well on this gun is wider and has an angle compared to the denix. I just used a file and some patience.
IMG_1618.JPG
It has cured for 30 hours now, and it seems to be very, very strong, and it does not disturb the inner gun mechanism at all. So I think this might Work. It was strong even without the epoxy. I wanted to avoid silver welding, because my chance of getting it right would be 0%. I have no experience working with epoxy or metal - so any comments would be nice. If it breaks off i'll let you know:) Im considering if i should insert another screw in the middle, just for extra support - there are three caps on the scope bar, so this should be doable.

Edit: I should mention that I wasnt able to get a hold of the 1/4-20 thread cutter that the assembly guidelines from Dark Energy Creations advised, so I used an "M6" cutter. This does not have a perfect fit for the supplied screws, helping them to Lock into the hole - but making alignment a bit tricky.

Last edited:

This helps a lot. Thank you for sharing. If you're going for a 100% TFA blaster I'm pretty sure socket cap screws on the scope mount. It's good to know that the base is drill-able. I've toyed with the idea of drilling into the mag to secure it a bit better. I am not worried about the BB shooting, but I do want the hammer and trigger to work. Again, I appreciate the pics. This puts my mind at ease a bit. I was very skeptical about just epoxying the threaded mounts to the outside of the pistol.

You're welcome. I have testet it a bit, and it is very strong. I will not go for a third bolt - this will do. The HFC has e nice hard shot and a great sound. And this way it will not be a problem to preserve the shooting ability. Just be carefulll when removing the inner barrel and cutting it.

very nice tutorial ! Glad you posted. The TFA kit will assemble the same way.

Glad you find the mount very strong and sturdy. As long as the metal parts are clean and de-greased, the epoxy is better than trying to soldier zinc to steel. zinc melts at a much lower temp.

Nice job...keep posting your results!

Also post in the TFA blaster kit interest thread if you can, Lots of people there would love to see your progress.

I will post in the TFA interest thread also. I agree - you should be very carefull cleaning and de-greasing before epoxying. I dont know about the denix gun, but airtsoft guns are usually a bit oily. I cleaned the gun and sanded it where i used epoxy. I also sanded the two "spacers" on the back side, where they glued to the gun.

Very oily. Seems like they used Vaseline.

Here's some comparison pics of an MGC and the HFC of the wall thickness.

92.jpg91.jpg90.jpg

I think there's enough metal there to tap a few threads, plus having the spacers threaded AND using epoxy, it should be sturdy enough.

Last edited:

Very oily. Seems like they used Vaseline.

Here's some comparison pics of an MGC and the HFC of the wall thickness.

View attachment 585154View attachment 585153View attachment 585152

I think there's enough metal there to tap a few threads, plus having the spacers threaded AND using epoxy, it should be sturdy enough.

Good info! Looks like there will be plenty of room to tap the HFC and retain functionality. Nice!

Nice images JF !

With the threaded holes and epoxied washers it should be very strong.

use caution when tapping the holes. The Zamac is "softer" than steel. Go slow, use oil, keep it straight.

what would Yoda say.... ; )

...dirty mind -you have...hmmm...:lol

The airsoft brand WE has been developing a gas blowback, select fire M712 of their own for the past few months and just now put this up on their Facebook page. I think they're only messing around as they've titled it "the only one in the world", but if they only knew the size of the market for these.post-21477-0-10027500-1454519223.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back