Deadpool Movie

Re: Deadpool Test Footage Now in HD

I hate to burst your bubble @crabra comander, but after this updated Marvel Right Charts, it is Fox…

And the latest I heard, they are going to PG-13, to gain more viewers - meh… not for real Deadpool fans.

marvel-rights-2-1200x960-300dpi.png

Oh, BTW, for you prop replica collectors. If you happen to have a Deadpool costume, you can include the very same Siemens Pocket Radio RT 711 with it. Here's the real world radio:

siemens2.jpg

Screencaps from Short (Radio in second picture)

deadpool-test-footage-ryan-reynolds-blur-studio-01.jpg

The gambit from Mad Love only works because Batman has enough history with Joker at that point to understand his psychology to some degree. At one point he knew nothing about the Joker, who was no more predictable in that first encounter than Deadpool would be in his first encounter. Batman somehow found a way to survive his encounter with every person he didn't know the psychology of so I do not readily concede that Deadpool's unpredictability is enough of a game changer to offset Batman's adaptability.

But Deadpool totally and completely confuses and frustrates Taskmaster, who can learn and copy exactly any opponent's moves, and anticipate their next move. Deadpool is shown as the only person Taskmaster can't imitate or predict, precisely because he is so unpredictable. Joker was unpredictable the first time, but completely predictable thereafter. :lol

Re: Deadpool confirmed August 2016

Wondering now... Will it be the R-Rated, foul mouth, nuttier than a Peanut Bar, all-out brutality violent yet pretty comedic Deadpool we'll be seeing? Or will it be a PG-13 wussified version? Only time will tell...

My problem is with letting Ryan Reynolds voice the role. If they go the same route as the "leaked" demo then Deadpool will be CGI, if that's the case just let Nolan North continue to voice him. Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Ryan Reynolds in his comedic roles he is a good fit if there were no better options, but, let's be honest, Nolan IS Deadpool.

My problem is with letting Ryan Reynolds voice the role. If they go the same route as the "leaked" demo then Deadpool will be CGI, if that's the case just let Nolan North continue to voice him. Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Ryan Reynolds in his comedic roles he is a good fit if there were no better options, but, let's be honest, Nolan IS Deadpool.

Here's the problem:

The name "Nolan North" doesn't sell tickets.

The name "Ryan Reynolds" sells tickets. Or at least more than "Nolan North" does.

Here's the problem:

The name "Nolan North" doesn't sell tickets.

The name "Ryan Reynolds" sells tickets. Or at least more than "Nolan North" does.

Can you really say that after his TWO blatant superhero flops? Not to mention his movies as of late have not really been blockbusters by any stretch.

Can you really say that after his TWO blatant superhero flops? Not to mention his movies as of late have not really been blockbusters by any stretch.

I certainly can, because most of the moviegoing public has no idea who Nolan North is. Even if they may not have liked Reynolds' last few films, (1) they know who he is at all, and (2) my guess is that they don't necessarily blame him for how crappy the films were.

I certainly can, because most of the moviegoing public has no idea who Nolan North is. Even if they may not have liked Reynolds' last few films, (1) they know who he is at all, and (2) my guess is that they don't necessarily blame him for how crappy the films were.

That and people can be amazingly forgiving of an actor's past flops if they like the actor well enough. Plus, I don't think that RR has been in enough flops yet that the general movie going audience has written him off yet. Also, as Solo4114 has been saying, big Hollywood always prefers to bank on a big name star, even if he/she hasn't done that well in recent years, than go with an unknown.

That and people can be amazingly forgiving of an actor's past flops if they like the actor well enough. Plus, I don't think that RR has been in enough flops yet that the general movie going audience has written him off yet. Also, as Solo4114 has been saying, big Hollywood always prefers to bank on a big name star, even if he/she hasn't done that well in recent years, than go with an unknown.

Exactly.

For decades, Hollywood has counted on audiences preferring what they're familiar with to stuff they don't know. For years it was the megastar A-lister name that brought in the bucks. Then they realized they could "make" names out of franchises with which people were familiar. A ride at Disney World. A comic book superhero. A board game. A cartoon. A 1970s sitcom. A 1980s cop drama repurposed as a comedy. Doesn't matter. As long as people know the name, that's all you need.

And while he does do a great job at voicing Deadpool, sadly, "Nolan North" isn't a name that will put asses in seats. When you're dealing with Hollywood, that's the bottom line.

Pun intended. ;)

Well whatever they do, I just pray that the character in no way shape or form resembles the 'Pool at the end of Origins. God was that a craptastic version.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I have no problems with Reynolds over North. Reynolds has the advantage of being able to ad-lib stuff like this, again and again, for an entire damn movie. The film will be better for having him there.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back