Terminator: Genisys

This could potentially be bad news (I hope I'm wrong and just looking too much into it)

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/104277/20140815/terminator-5-plot.htm

Ok, so the important parts I picked up from the above article are as follows- I'm curious to see your opinions as well:

* Arnold is already done filming.
* We already know that part of the movie takes place in 1984....

"REMEMBER ME?"

6975_3.jpg

... and yet Arnold says 'two T-800 robots are in the sequel: a younger one controlled by Skynet and another older version that's about to get reprogrammed and will be shown later in the movie.'

Now keep that in mind as you read this next point:

* Aaron V. Williamson revealed that he signed on to play the younger T-800 role.

So a few things disturb me about what I've read:
One: Is Arnold not in very much of the movie? And not until the end?
Two: Is the evil 1984 Terminator not a 'digitally younger' Arnold (like I always imagined), and now played by this guy?

1bb83249b372dfa8fd4c095f56088132.jpg

Am I just reading too much into this or do you suppose my fears may be correct?

its difficult to not spoil things but ill reiterate whats already been said. Unless things have changed, they will be using CGI files claimed to be of Arnold but are actually of Roland, same as with Salvation. From a practical stand point, same as with Salvation, they needed a body on camera. AW is a god guy all around, not a bad thing to say about him but his physic is not that of Arnold or Roland. Ive stated in the past Roland changed his chest form to closer match Arnold's from the 80's time period for Salvation. In doing so his shoulders became a tank which is why he looks like a wall in Salvation. The guy is a true 6'5", just massive. In the end they CGI'ed out Rolands face for no other reason than to have Arnolds name for the world market. They will do the same for AW. This is why Roland turned down the first incarnation of T5 before it went on to become what was filmed. He is over due his time invested, the guy is a star.

Since the time travel plot is already exposed all around on the net and confirmed with pictures to boot, ill tell you its what makes the film. Every single person thats held the script said it was one of the better if not best ideas for a Terminator movie. I do know they matched camera angles as much as possible to harken back to the time periods involved. Aged Arnold works in flawlessly as does his reason for being. Thats a huge spoiler however as is the name, again unless things change in editing. This happened to Salvation as the name was the reason for the cyborgs and Terminators, "Salvation". Reasoning was the Skynet mainframe did every sim possible which lead to the same outcome, man will destroy itself unless something was to alter that course. By taking the most important and competent minds and making them into hybrid's, Skynet has given mankind salvation from its ultimate destruction. In other words the machines are not our enemy but man kinds savior. This was all in the original Salvation script. If any of that makes it into the new film, sorry for the spoilers. I honestly have no clue if it is and I doubt it but thats a great example of how things change in the editing room. Same thing with the new Mad Max movie and its reshoots changing the entire film in editing.

In the new film you will get the time travel machine, the future war, BTTF type multiple time lines.... Its all in the edit to hit or miss. If it holds up, it will pass the original as the best in the series for even hard core fans. But as stated, editing is a strange beast.

its difficult to not spoil things but ill reiterate whats already been said. Unless things have changed, they will be using CGI files claimed to be of Arnold but are actually of Roland, same as with Salvation. From a practical stand point, same as with Salvation, they needed a body on camera. AW is a god guy all around, not a bad thing to say about him but his physic is not that of Arnold or Roland. Ive stated in the past Roland changed his chest form to closer match Arnold's from the 80's time period for Salvation. In doing so his shoulders became a tank which is why he looks like a wall in Salvation. The guy is a true 6'5", just massive. In the end they CGI'ed out Rolands face for no other reason than to have Arnolds name for the world market. They will do the same for AW. This is why Roland turned down the first incarnation of T5 before it went on to become what was filmed. He is over due his time invested, the guy is a star.

Since the time travel plot is already exposed all around on the net and confirmed with pictures to boot, ill tell you its what makes the film. Every single person thats held the script said it was one of the better if not best ideas for a Terminator movie. I do know they matched camera angles as much as possible to harken back to the time periods involved. Aged Arnold works in flawlessly as does his reason for being. Thats a huge spoiler however as is the name, again unless things change in editing. This happened to Salvation as the name was the reason for the cyborgs and Terminators, "Salvation". Reasoning was the Skynet mainframe did every sim possible which lead to the same outcome, man will destroy itself unless something was to alter that course. By taking the most important and competent minds and making them into hybrid's, Skynet has given mankind salvation from its ultimate destruction. In other words the machines are not our enemy but man kinds savior. This was all in the original Salvation script. If any of that makes it into the new film, sorry for the spoilers. I honestly have no clue if it is and I doubt it but thats a great example of how things change in the editing room. Same thing with the new Mad Max movie and its reshoots changing the entire film in editing.

In the new film you will get the time travel machine, the future war, BTTF type multiple time lines.... Its all in the edit to hit or miss. If it holds up, it will pass the original as the best in the series for even hard core fans. But as stated, editing is a strange beast.

Thanks Rob, I always look forward to your Terminator posts. While nearly everyone else speculates, you have facts.

Where does T:G take up the story? Does it ignore, or obviate, any of the previous movies (i.e. T:S and T3)?

I didn't know about that Salvation stuff. But Skynet "saving" mankind is just as bad as John Connor really being a Terminator or Skinjob.

I haven't heard much about this movie. No major leaks like on Salvation. I don't know if that's good or bad. I did just watch a bit of Arnold his recent prison break type movie. And I've been watching Predator a lot. I like the guy but he's more movie star now and unless the director of this new movie is pushing him to get in character. I just doubt we're going to see something on the level of Terminator or T2 in this new one.

I didn't know about that Salvation stuff. But Skynet "saving" mankind is just as bad as John Connor really being a Terminator or Skinjob.

I haven't heard much about this movie. No major leaks like on Salvation. I don't know if that's good or bad. I did just watch a bit of Arnold his recent prison break type movie. And I've been watching Predator a lot. I like the guy but he's more movie star now and unless the director of this new movie is pushing him to get in character. I just doubt we're going to see something on the level of Terminator or T2 in this new one.

In Salvation or McG's Terminator universe John Connor was not the man we were lead to believe, that was to be the yet to be born John Connor Jr, hence forth Kate being preggers in Salvation. Im a broken record with that movie but there is so much pulled in the final edit its absurd.

Arnold isnt the star focus of this Terminator film as we dont just follow him, same as with the original Terminator movie. Time will tell.

In Salvation or McG's Terminator universe John Connor was not the man we were lead to believe, that was to be the yet to be born John Connor Jr, hence forth Kate being preggers in Salvation. Im a broken record with that movie but there is so much pulled in the final edit its absurd.

Arnold isnt the star focus of this Terminator film as we dont just follow him, same as with the original Terminator movie. Time will tell.

I didn't know that bit about Salvation either. Seems there was a lot that was cut. It sounds like an Alien 3 job. But with the results being that the two previous movies were still far better most likely starting from the script point.

Even if Arnold isn't the focus his performance will be noted. He was perfect in Terminator and T2. Played for comedy at times and off in Terminator 3. And way over powered in the cameo in Salvation.

My brother got to see some of the cut footage of Roland/T-800 from Salvation, while he was a student at Full Sail, and says it was pretty impressive.

Roland became a giant for Salvation. Again im a broken record on this but he changed his chest shape to match classic Arnold. By any chance is the footage in question that of Roland breaking apart the MP5 sub machine gun in the fight against Marcus or using a futuristic Endo Rifle? They cut near everything with him to CGI out his face and use Arnolds for a brief moment before burning him up to use a CGI T800 frame. If Arnold would never have allowed his likeness to be used, it would have been more Roland and less CGI T800.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back