DC comic's new Batgirl costume

While the costume looks rather easy to put together I can't get over the article... such a poor choice for DC to use Barbara Gordon as "this Batgirl". As one reply said when DC wants to be hip they over do it.

TravisO:
Well, but I can also understand DC - comic sales aren't very good, Gail Simone was fired (and rehired) from Batgirl, despite being praised for the storylines - the target readers (mainly girls) are growing up and moving on. They want to have a Batgirl relatable for a certain age range, while not going over the top with gadget department (which girl in her age could afford a super decked out Hi-Pora gloves, Kevlar layered and Teflon imprinted suit?). I like the direction to go lighter on the stories, to build a league of villains for her, while acknowledge the things that came before her. It's a fresh approach. The only thing that makes me worry and you know that as well as me…

DiDio is the devil!!!! DiDio is the DEVIL!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this whole new look. Pretty much no sewing other than a cape unless you bought one and changed a few things to allow the cape to snap to the shoulders. I be interested in making this for my daughter some day as she gets older.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back