1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I think we nailed it! The acrylic 1in sq samples JUST arrived!

With a flash
20121212_164402.jpg

W/O flash
20121212_164409.jpg

W/O backlight
20121212_164422.jpg

20121212_164429.jpg

For comparo...
20121212_164459.jpg

I'm going to create a large sample panel, paint it and add a few pin stripes for the full effect. But I think we nailed it! :) If this is it, I have to be REALLY careful when drilling the holes in the existing panels... I know... prior planning prevents poor performance! DANG IT! ;)

Stay Tuned!

I was following the discussion concerning the lights behind the acrylic squares. I know you want as picture perfect as possible, but you have to consider the fact there is going to be a certain light spill when you shoot these kinds of light on film - also take into consideration that focal length of the lens and all that, it matters as to how the lights are perceived.

I was following the discussion concerning the lights behind the acrylic squares. I know you want as picture perfect as possible, but you have to consider the fact there is going to be a certain light spill when you shoot these kinds of light on film - also take into consideration that focal length of the lens and all that, it matters as to how the lights are perceived.

Hi D,

We know nothing will be "picture" perfect... and I think we're ok with that. We still have to identify over 95% of the greeblies (Back to work Wavey!) It just took a while to figure out exactly how they did all the blue and white buttons. I'm sure that we if we all saw the "actual" prop in real life... we wouldn't even recognize it... :)

Keep in mind that in low light shots out of focus light sources are captured in shape of the aperture of the lens! Usually you will use an open aperture on low light, so that even sqareshaped lights may come out circular.

Hi Gang!

Chris Lee did another great interview! Check it out! :)

We made it to Fox17 Nashville news tonight! | The Full Scale Millennium Falcon Project

WOW... maybe we are actually going to build it! ;)

Maybe .... :love :D

Ah, not yet on ...that one. Only approx 1000-4000 radio/antenna parts left to go! lol

But the front of the Echo Base Rebel Troop Transporter has something on it that may contain the part.

That's the latest idea yea, based on some of the screen used parts having orange capacitors, circuit boards and wires along the length of the object. But there's a slight curve to the outer frame of it which is still a puzzler.

I know there will be an epic face-palm moment when it's discovered lol.

So what do I do when its raining out and I can't move forward on the project?

I build a smaller scale cockpit! :)

Start with some foam core, a print out of the cockpit, an X-Acto, and other necessary items...

20121215_103245.jpg

Then I cut and tape all the edges together...
20121215_103305.jpg

20121215_103350.jpg

20121215_103254.jpg

20121215_110925.jpg

Kinda blurry... sorry
20121215_110950.jpg

Back
20121215_110959.jpg

20121215_111012.jpg

Now I just need to create the entire MF...
20121215_111028.jpg

More to Come! If it stops raining...

Man! I've always wanted to do a 1/6 scale cockpit using Ozzy's graphics but whenever I mess with foamcore, I can't get it to cut worth a crap.

Man! I've always wanted to do a 1/6 scale cockpit using Ozzy's graphics but whenever I mess with foamcore, I can't get it to cut worth a crap.

Hi Q,

The secret(s) to cutting foam core is 3 simple things:

1) Have LOTS of X-Acto blades
2) A metal straight edge
3) Take your time cutting. If you have to make 5 passes over the same cut - so be it. :)

That's basically it. Practice makes perfect... Other notes: You'll never get a perfect 90 degree cut using just a blade and a straight edge. Make sure you have a clean cutting surface like a cutting mat... and just do it. :)

Hope this helps!

HUGE SET BACK!

Hi Gang...

A HUGE panel change was made from ANH to ESB that I ONLY just caught. I'm discussing with Steve Starkiller and Chris Lee now but wanted to let you all know that I might recreate 5 panels...

See below...

1-2.jpg

What do you all think?

Stand By

Last edited:

Another crisis averted... :) We decided to keep the panels as they are and continue with the original ANH version. I will use the current LEDs that I have and the glass mosiac tiles for greeblies. This will be used as a display piece and hopefully make its way around to all the shows but more importantly, be used to help promote the project.

As the project moves forward, we'll create another cockpit based on the ESB version... so... with that said... two consoles... two cockpits... two quads... I think I see a pattern here! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back