Colonel Stars and Stripes

You did an incredible job with this! :thumbsup :cool The screen accuracy you achieved for a movie that is not even out yet is ...Kick-Ass! :D

Thanks to all that have followed this build, was just asked what the mask was made from.

The mask was cut from a 100 percent cotton USMC OD green t-shirt manufactured by Campbellsville Apparel Company, SPM1C1-08-D-1026, 8420-01-526-7033.

Old photos but bumped so you don't have to dig.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac256/HobieMods/Colonel Stars and Stripes/Hood1_zps8cddb081.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac256/HobieMods/Colonel Stars and Stripes/Hood2_zps8e5a11af.jpg

The first photo kind of shows the three panels for the hood. The center panel is a rectangle and the side panels are mirrors of each other with a gradual curve.
The interior OD green panels are the same shape as the exterior.

The multicam strip that is inside of the hood is just the front edge folded back on itself and then sewn down. Other than the stitches on the front of the hood all other seams should be hidden on the inside.

Now sew like the wind. The premier is fast approaching.

To save time, here are the patterns with tape measures for reference. Other than some distortion from the photo should be just print and go.

Just wanted to say that this is AWESOME. You've managed to do so much without too many photos available, and before the movie even comes out! Incredible work! :thumbsup

Thanks Hypershadow, glad you were able to see it before photobucket shutdown the fun for the next four days.

I feel strangely validated and violated at the same time.
Have used only 20% of the free storage but had so many views seem to have exceeded the bandwidth allotment.

Guess I'll be jumping over to Flicker unless there are other free options.

I have nearly finished my colonel stars and stripes bat, but I am stuck on how to get the scroll print in the middle with the writing on it. Please help.

Cut a mask the shape of the scroll and then spray off-white/ivory paint.

Draw the outline of the scroll with a Fine Staedtler permanent marker.
Add the brown weathering detail to the scroll with brown acrylic paint and a brush.
Draw the text with a pencil and then draw over the pencil with the Staedtler marker.

Wait until everything is well dry and all the paint have vented before applying a clear coat.

Edit: Or if you don't have a couple of days. Use a sheet of label paper and color printer.
Just print the scroll with all the detail as a decal and seal it with clear packing tape after it is applied to the handle.
Should survive one trooping and even a little rain.

Last edited:
What is the last minute ticket situation like? Certainly going to give it a go. Which days do you need the Colonel?

Thanks for all the info will start shopping from Monday :) i have one question about the black lines at the head of Betsy Ross, how did you made them ?

Thanks for all the info will start shopping from Monday :) i have one question about the black lines at the head of Betsy Ross, how did you made them ?

I masked the flag so just the folds were visible. Then sprayed the lines keeping the can about 3 feet way so it was a fine mist for a shading effect.
Had to experiment with the distance and moving the can, would have been easier with an airbrush.

Don't have a facebook account but in response to the comments on the RPF FB site, it is about the character not the actor.
What the Colonel has to say is right on point:
"Watch the language,
Don't use the Lord's name in vain,
For me it’s about justice and balance. People should get what they deserve. A family living in the street deserves a hot meal."

With some editing KA2 would be a great story for kids since it is more a coming of age story for Hit-Girl set in an anti-super hero universe of KA.

Knew from the first clip that the Colonel was going to be a great charater and that is why I had the costume done, as best I could, before the movie was even released.

ON A SEPARATE NOTE: If NYCC tickets are non-transferable, how can they be for sale on Ebay?

Edit: This is great!
http://pixi996.deviantart.com/art/Colonel-Stars-and-Stripes-Kick-Ass-2-Cosplay-393708000

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back