Green Ranger Helmet Sculpt

You might consider trying a product called Mr Masking Sol Neo. I've never used it personally, but I bookmarked it awhile back with just such a purpose in mind. So as to not use too much, maybe you could use this product right against where the edges meet and beyond that just use good old fashion tape for larger masking. I only realized after having typed this suggestion that you said you'd already tried latex. I cannot remember for certain but this too may be latex based, however, from my understanding, it is well regarded in the modeling world. Your costume turned out great! I cracked up at the homeless man's appellation for you. It's nice that you got to make use of otherwise scrapped attempts. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Well, here they are: my final photos. I honestly wasted an extra couple months on a botched paint job. (NEVER try to spray from a can with the tip broken off). I had to sand down the silver and repaint it so many times I think I rounded off the teeth. Frankly the paint is still a little rough, but you can basically see what the finished helmet is. Now I also wish I hadn't spent all that time painting my master copy, because I need to recast a lighter, more wearable one anyway. My impatience actually lead to more time spent; yet another lesson learned. Anyway, thanks again for all the support and advice over the last year. I'm already thinking about how to improve this, so am sure I'll solicit more. I will start a new thread in that event and if I can ever get the rest of the suit/chest shield built!

IMG_7081.JPGIMG_7060.JPGIMG_7062.JPGIMG_7063.JPGIMG_7065.JPGIMG_7072.JPGIMG_7073.JPGIMG_7077.JPGIMG_7047.JPGIMG_7049.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7048.JPG
    IMG_7048.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Professional! Very cool to see this from start to finish. You should be proud, man. =)
I pay more attention to the pure front views, to check symmetry, and this just looks right on. Best of luck with your future projects!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back