The Saint <> Simon Templar's Knife

Re: The Saint ---------------------------- Simon Templar's Knife

Sorry about the lack of updates. It's been cold and rainy frequently and those aren't good spray painting conditions. :p

Waiting for a day off from work when it's at least in the low 70's.

Here's Saint Knife v 2.0. I can't seem to find a good way to paint the black between the "ribs" on the sides of the knife.
Other than that it's turning out nice.

Version 3.0 will have the lock picks.

Last edited by a moderator:

This should do the trick!

image.jpeg

https://youtu.be/zBpOnVex7bc
Here's Saint Knife v 2.0. I can't seem to find a good way to paint the black between the "ribs" on the sides of the knife.
Other than that it's turning out nice.

If you do a "wash" of watered down black acrylic paints on the ribbed area then wipe away the paint with a cloth it will leave the paint in the recesses. It is a simple weathering technique. Thats how I would do it.

Looks amazing! The inside also is very well done, super detailed!

Yes, the computer screen turned out really nice. And I added tiny "gemstones" to do the colored bulbs.

Thanks brandomack and wisemonk5421 .
I'll see which idea works best in my situation.

if you made the lock pick parts out of plastic that would be legal, because there is no way you would actually be able to use it.

Re: The Saint ---- Simon Templar's Knife

Lock picks, just like a screwdriver or a hammer, are just tools. I own many sets of them. As an Auto Tech, the tool truck guys, (Snap-On, Matco), sell lock pick sets all the time.
I've never heard of any legality issue with them. It's just like anything else, use common sense when using them.

Since I don't actually own any lock picks myself, I made them to LOOK like pictures I saw on Google images. Since they are not precise, it is likely they will not open any locks.

That's my solution. :D

That looks AWESOME! You've done a real nice with all the detailing. Really looks the part, imho.

I've always been a big fan of the film, so if ever you chose to do a run of these, I'd be interested :cool

That looks AWESOME! You've done a real nice with all the detailing. Really looks the part, imho.

I've always been a big fan of the film, so if ever you chose to do a run of these, I'd be interested :cool

Thanks ! I have my chrome finish knife case, but haven't had a chance to paint it. Painting's not really my thing. But the chrome really shines !

I'll post pictures when I get it painted.

I just watched this movie last night on Netflix lol love your knife! nice job! :cool

Hey Jintosh, Love your work very exceptional indeed.
I was looking around and read that you will be making a v3.0
I am very interested in adding one to y collection it will look great next to the pin.
I was wondering how I would get my hands on one and how much they will be.
Cheers

I think I'll offer the case in the Ultra detail acrylic, and the rhodium plated metal. Unfortunately, the rhodium (chrome) case will be Extremely expensive. Like, "Do I really want to pay THAT" expensive. I'm still trying to get around to painting the chrome version with lock picks. New projects keep popping up.

I hear you bud, every single time I work on a prop, and then watch a new movie im torn and end up veering off course.... :D

Main hinge Fail !! It is design that works in plastic but fails in metal because of the lower resolution of the metal.
I'll have to redesign the main hinges.

The hinges on the lock picks failed because the hinges on the knife case won't GIVE to accept the pegs on each side of the lock pick.
Not sure how to redo these.

Love the Chrome case though.

Okay, I fixed the hinges in 3D, but don't have the money right now to order a new chrome casing.

This is GREAT!!! Way to go!

Almost finished. Next version will be the final one. It'll have the paint job, chrome case and blade, working hinges and lock picks, and the "bulbs" (not lit up).
I didn't add the red and green bulbs to this one because of the hinge fail, but I went ahead and did the paint job to see how it would look.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back