The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

I like the spoiler tags, especially when relating to the comic. I think "spoilers" should be removed from the thread title.

NOTE: Why do some of you even bother marking a post with "Possible Spoiler content inside?"

Are we actually in danger of someone being dumb enough to read a thread (clearly marked) Walking Dead Season 5 (spoilers) and then getting upset if SHOCKER, they trip over a spoiler?!?!

Just sayin' :rolleyes

I definitely see your point but I use them because awhile back I was posting full synopsis' for future episodes and people didn't like that, well neither did AMC. So I use them out of habit.

Like I said, if someone reads this thread and then gets bent because they trip over a spoiler they're clearly eat up with incompetence. I honestly don't know how some people manage to even turn the TV on.

I interpret the spoiler tag in this thread as a warning that only applies to the current or previously released shows.

I would not be happy if someone like Mirror posted information about future episodes without spoiler tags.

It only takes a second to add and click to read spoiler tags... while I may agree it's a bit redundant with the thread title including a warning, it's not like it's really taking anyone out of their way to add the tags or read them.

Can we still talk about the show, or is this thread now about spoilers?

Two things: 1) Other than for plot (or as a nod to a Stephen King short story), why would you keep someone alive while you dismembered them for food? Wouldn't it be easier to make jerky out of him? 2) Instead of saying, "You taste better than we expected," Portentous Guy totally should have said, "You're delicious."

It's the same thing over in the game of thrones thread. You pop in there to talk about the show. Only to find people telling you everything that happens in the books or they did wrong / change that in the TV show. Now it's full blown spoiler tag city in there since they had to add them. You would think they would make a game of throne book thread or TV vs. book thread. Nope, so don't go in there unless you like spoilers. Funny part now is that the show is right and the books will be written to what the show does. Crazy. It's nice to see people love them so much, just need to be careful.

Can we still talk about the show, or is this thread now about spoilers?

Two things: 1) Other than for plot (or as a nod to a Stephen King short story), why would you keep someone alive while you dismembered them for food? Wouldn't it be easier to make jerky out of him? 2) Instead of saying, "You taste better than we expected," Portentous Guy totally should have said, "You're delicious."

They will use him for bait. Get the others come out looking for him or show him off & torture him since he destroyed their home.

Man, this seasn 3 for 3 for goodness.

Gotta love Rick keeping his promise...now sales of red handled machetes will go up. Michonne gets her sword back. Tainted meat...TAINTED MEAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA again so many good things in this episode.

Last edited:
I know this is crazy, but the Termites asking about the meat they ate kinda reminds me of the introduction of Daryl Dixon back in Season 1, you know with the deer? About how Daryl asked if they could still eat the deer meat if they cut out the area in which the Walker was eating, where Shane replied, "I wouldn't risk it"? For some odd reason, that came to my mind.

But I agree, I'm glad that Rick was true to his word. Loved the fact that he shot the guy's fingers off, just to prove that he had no control over the situation (what more better way to prove how he's not in control by shooting him?). The way he came out of the shadows like he did... God, he just looked so bad-ass.

They touched on this during the Talking Dead afterword. Remember that everyone is already infected. By eating "tainted meat" can you become "more infected". I don't think so. I think that the exchange of the bodily fluids (i.e. bites) or severe trauma to the body (death) is what triggers the transformation. I don't think that just ingesting would cause a transformation. After all the zombies they...sorry, Walkers, they killed you know blood and other matter has gotten in their mouths and eyes and know one has changed.

They touched on this during the Talking Dead afterword. Remember that everyone is already infected. By eating "tainted meat" can you become "more infected". I don't think so. I think that the exchange of the bodily fluids (i.e. bites) or severe trauma to the body (death) is what triggers the transformation. I don't think that just ingesting would cause a transformation. After all the zombies they...sorry, Walkers, they killed you know blood and other matter has gotten in their mouths and eyes and know one has changed.

Well, let's not forget, most people don't know that everyone's infected. We know it because our "heroes" know it, but I rather doubt they shared that bit of intel with the Termites.

I was so happy when Rick turned the Termites' trap around on them. I literally said "hurrah, 'Smart Rick' is back! No more 'Crazy Pants Rick'!" And then they went and split the party. The whole point of splitting the party was that Abraham thought there was a danger to Eugene in the Termites. With them eliminated, splitting the group no longer made sense to me.

There was an old "Vault of horror" comic story about a butcher that souod sell premium meat to his customers, and bring old/bad meat home to his family. Well one of his batches gave his kids fatal food poisoning, and the next day his wife is behind the meat counter, inside the display case were various cuts of Him, and she's calling out "Tainted meat anyone? Tainted meat."

And then they went and split the party. The whole point of splitting the party was that Abraham thought there was a danger to Eugene in the Termites. With them eliminated, splitting the group no longer made sense to me.

I guess the deciding factor was Daryl and Carol had gone off so the rest of the group were either going to wait for them or go look for them, while Abraham is on his mission and doesn't want to be stuck waiting. Kind of dumb decision though

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back