Necronomicon Cover Pics added (Evil Dead 2)

peteskywalker

For years I have wanted my very own Necronomicon and even contacted Tom Sullivan and sadly there is no official ED2 version.

So now I have decided to make my own. I have worked with miniature scale items for years but this will be my first 1:1 replica.

From what I have read Tom has no problems with fan made books he only objects to people selling them.

Last edited:
Re: Necronomicon WIP (Evil Dead 2)

Been eager to make my own recently too. It'll be fun to watch yours come together!

Thanks for the comment Nick, sorry for the slow the reply as you can see i dont visit this forum much.

Some more progress on the pages, i wasn't happy with the last pages so i printed the pages as line drawings and ages and painted them with acrylics.

Necro sculpt is being started this week so i will make sure to post finished pics :)

Good work on the pages, Where did you find the pages? or did you draw them yourself?

Loving your progress. I myself have just started this project too, always wanted one and finally bit the bullet to give it a go! Ive made 240 pages, some from the movies, some from the 2013 movie and some invented to pad it all out, I've printed and bound them. I did an aging/ distressing test/ pass today to beat them up and see how it looks. The cover is my next challenge.. gulp.
Heres a pic of it so far.

Looking forward to seeing yours completed!. JPEG image-8E51B77B01C4-1.jpeg

Looking fantastic, mate!

Thanks man :)

Good work on the pages, Where did you find the pages? or did you draw them yourself?

Thanks Contec, for the book as a whole i used a mix of scans from the special edition books and pages painted myself.

Loving your progress. I myself have just started this project too, always wanted one and finally bit the bullet to give it a go! Ive made 240 pages, some from the movies, some from the 2013 movie and some invented to pad it all out, I've printed and bound them. I did an aging/ distressing test/ pass today to beat them up and see how it looks. The cover is my next challenge.. gulp.
Heres a pic of it so far.

Looking forward to seeing yours completed!.View attachment 532270

Nice work Stieller, are some of those from the new Ash vs Evil Dead TV show?

I hope to have mine done in time for Halloween :)

Those look great man. Love what you've done to the pages. There's a few I don't recognise though from the Elderprops set. Deviantart I'm guessing?

Is the page spread A3 ?

Last edited:

Looking great man! I presume you will be extending the sculpted edges to flaps that fold around the front and back covers.

The sculpt is looking very good.
You could also use the DVD set covers, which seems to be latex. :thumbsup
http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/spyderblu/media/evildead_zpsfcba5d77.jpg.html

Thanks, they look good but they dont resemble the ED2 cover.

Looking great man! I presume you will be extending the sculpted edges to flaps that fold around the front and back covers.

That's right they will be added at the end :)

Another WIP pic

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back