OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet!‏

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

The abs version probably does not. I know the 501st version does have them so the premium version probably will.

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Guess I will be upgrading then

The abs version probably does not. I know the 501st version does have them so the premium version probably will.

$800 for bubble lens... no thank you.

$800 for bubble lens... no thank you.

It's kinda ridiculous to act like all you are getting for $800 is bubble lenses. Besides I really think the tier 1 price will be about $600. I'm sure someone will make bubble lenses to fit this helmet in the coming months.

It's kinda ridiculous to act like all you are getting for $800 is bubble lenses. Besides I really think the tier 1 price will be about $600. I'm sure someone will make bubble lenses to fit this helmet in the coming months.

I think it's "kinda ridiculous" that the $200 helmet doesn't have bubble lenses. They already have molds for it clearly, why not produce them for BOTH helmets?

I understand that the $200 needs to be cheaper than the $800, but removing accuracy is absolutely a no-no in my books. Especially for lenses that can be made for pennies on the dollar compared to someone making replacement kits.

On a side note, the brow ridge being indented just looks weird. Not sure who made the decision there..

I absolutely agree that accuracy should be there for both. I was just saying that acting like the only difference between the two helmets is the lenses is ridiculous. They are two completely different qualities of helmet. Both helmets should be 100% accurate as far as the molds go. It's disappointing given all of the access Anovos has that anything on these is wrong at all. Personally I wish that Anovos would have made both helmets exactly the same and just made the only difference the type of material used. I do understand why they went this route though. The average person doesn't realize how expensive this stuff can be and just wants something as cheap as possible. Even with the small inaccuracies offering that helmet completed for $200 is still a steal.

Again I questioned ANOVOS about the lenses and they said that "All First Order helmets have the bubble lenses per the originals". So there you have it.

Anovos.jpg

looking at the photo, I can see bubble lenses... It's hard to see because the angle of the photo is slightly different, and the lighting is completely different. to get the bubble lens to show they'd have to light the helmet like they did badgers helmet for the movies... black needs special considerations, and their focus was not on the black lenses for this photoshoot, but on the helmet.

I ordered one today so they send me a coupon...
If somebody ordering today here is a coupon for 10% off:
FXYA-WYAH-BQ9U

Just let people know you took the code.

ANOVOS posted this picture on Facebook:
ANOVOS Inside View.jpg

There seems to be some slight distortion from the bubble lens.

I ordered one today so they send me a coupon...
If somebody ordering today here is a coupon for 10% off:
FXYA-WYAH-BQ9U

Just let people know you took the code.

Thanks for the code! Just placed an order one.

Out of curiosity, does placing an order with the code generate a new code?
I think they give away a code with every order, doesn't matter what you buy. But not 100% sure.

yup i have 3 orders with them all with code and every time they still give you a new code

Hey, for what it's worth, they said on their facebook page that this helmet will come with screen accurate bubble lenses.

Aaaah, whatever - i just jumped on the FO helmet.

I can upgrade, get my money back ...... or even paint the beak orange and glue a small sailors hat on it.:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back