One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Is that the wooden nacelle dome that Datin had kept.
Yup! And the new owner still has the other one. It still has the original Pelican ink Matt Jeffries used to tint it, which the conservators used to match the Bussard domes to. If you look close, you can see the seams between the five pieces of wood that were laminated together prior to turning the piece. :)

Looks like they really did a beautiful job on her, Thanks for all the Pics Aureliano.

It is going to be a bittersweet experiance for me when I see her again as quite a few friends have either moved on or passed away.

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20024.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20022.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20025.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20026.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20027.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20028.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20029.jpg
Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20030.jpg
Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20031.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20033.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20034.jpg

Thanks GREAT pictures well done. I'm really sorry people used your photos without your permission, they ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks GREAT pictures well done. I'm really sorry people used your photos without your permission, they ruin it for the rest of us.

Thank you. I know, I hate having to do it.

But meanwhile, my business plan has hit Phase 1 -- underpants! :p
f648d020142c5a0ee6ba964cb01a32a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures! I've said it before, but Matt Jeffries knew what he was doing when he designed her. With the exception of the side that was never meant to be filmed (btw, great to see how they hid the wiring originally) there's not a single angle that the 1701 looks bad from.
That restoration is perfect, so glad to see that back of the heavy weathering, exaggerated panel lines and the "do not read this sign" decals.

With the exception of the side that was never meant to be filmed (btw, great to see how they hid the wiring originally) there's not a single angle that the 1701 looks bad from.
That's exactly what I said to Rob while I was shooting it. I told him this model doesn't know how to take a bad picture. It's an extraordinary piece of design and stagecraft, at once plausible starship and beautifully sleek. :)

Someone is building/lighting a 1000 scale refit for me as I intended to get all the Enterprise's done in the 1000/1400 scales but seeing these pictures and videos again is making it harder to resist trying to get the 350 scale version built up. It's a great looking ship and love hearing Jefferies talk about it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back