The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Looks like I have some researching to do!
Ok, I have a friend who can do the soft parts of the final uniform for me, if I can locate the right fabrics, pipings, etc. If it comes out well, she may be willing to do a run (no promises on pricing though!).

So, any new thoughts on sourcing?

For the folks doing the Hawkeye SHIELD uniform, Clint carries a H&K P30. They just so happen to make a decent airsoft version. This one is the electric version, personally I'd rock the springer, it has a metal slide.
umarpic227-3010.jpg

The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" V1 Costume Thread (EDITED)

For the 'V1' black uniform, my shopping list is (edited 5/28/12):

HK p30 (airsoft)
Safariland 6004 thigh shroud
Blackhawk CQC holster (drill new holes in the shroud and screw directly to the holster)
Blackhawk HPU performance vest (rip off the Velcro strips, alter the collar)
Tight, very short sleeved black t-shirt
Bianchi 7210 belt (or 8100?)
Black Crye G3 pants (ideal) or Emerson Gen2 (close) pants
Black Crye AirFlex (ideal) or G3-style (close) kneepads
Black tactical boots tba, until we find the right ones
Bow tba, pending a buildup by someone here

For the V0 jacket, the Blackhawk Ops Jacket (pull off the brand logos) and a patch from graphicjordan or similar. Glue it on with Goop Outdoor or Amazing Goop adhesive (I then put a few stitches around the edge to reinforce).

Last edited:
Crud! I think I was wrong on the pistol. The silver topside ejector port is wrong for the p30. However the port and the wedge sight are dead on for the Sig Sauer p226 Classic 22. Anybody else have a better picture from the opening scene?

Last edited:
For the folks doing the Hawkeye SHIELD uniform, Clint carries a H&K P30. They just so happen to make a decent airsoft version. This one is the electric version, personally I'd rock the springer, it has a metal slide.
umarpic227-3010.jpg

I'll have to paint mine they only sell transparent ones in the UK retail.

Here is a bigger shot of the belt. I'm working on trying to find the correct buckle

*Update: It appears to be Bianchi PatrolTek 8100
14-6120.jpg

Last edited:
So is Hawkeye's black tac quiver something that was made for the movie or can we purchase that as well? Also, I cant find good res pics of the black tac quiver. Can anybody find pics to post?

i guarantee you have to make one. no real quiver is round. i'd put some servos in it to rotate it around and put the wireless transmitter in the bow. lol

Does he use a different quiver with his V1 costume? I honestly don't remember.
So is Hawkeye's black tac quiver something that was made for the movie or can we purchase that as well? Also, I cant find good res pics of the black tac quiver. Can anybody find pics to post?

His Avengers costume has a quiver that was completely created with a CNC
i guarantee you have to make one. no real quiver is round. i'd put some servos in it to rotate it around and put the wireless transmitter in the bow. lol

It looked like it was just a simple cloth quiver for that outfit. I only noticed bc i watched it for the first time last night and was expecting to see the fancy quiver right away but it wasn't until later that it comes into play.

Does he use a different quiver with his V1 costume? I honestly don't remember.

I do like the jacket. I'm trying to find a bigger/better picture
tumblr_m2frmtA87V1rt5v7co2_400.jpg

Probably custom tailored, but there are a number of soft shell jackets that could stand in it's place. Vertx (Arc'teryx), Condor, TAD, all make similar designs.

These are the two I have experience with:

Condor Phantom -
Condor-606-Phantom-Soft-Shell-Jacket-Black.jpg

This one runs at about 80 bucks.

Vertx Soft Shell -
91500.jpg

This one is about 300. I have this one, it's made by Arc'teryx and branded under Vertx, and slightly cheaper then Arc'teryx's normal price range. The quality is outstanding, and blows the Condor out of the water, which is expected. The Condor I have isn't the Phantom, but a slightly older version (The Summit). For 80 dollars you can't do wrong with it. It's probably the cheapest functional soft shell on the market.

Those two are the closest I've seen. Look at REI and TAD GEAR too. I'm sure they have similar stuff.

Last edited:
The pants are G3 but has anyone found a cheaper substitute? Maybe just a straight black BDU? Modified with a "pocket" for the knee pads: Or are there bigger differences between the G3 and BDUs?

There are a lot of differences between the Crye G3 type uniform and standard BDU's. Normal BDU's won't cut it. The best I've seen are knock-offs from ebaybanned. There are these which are about as close as we're going to get. That, plus a set of the G3 style knee-pad inserts should do the trick.

Last edited:
Those look pretty good. I'm going to get pretty close but not crazy. This get up will double for my paintball/airsoft gear. Not including the bow I put myself at a $100 cap for the V1 costume, which is very "do able".

Anybody ID'ed the boots?

I'm still waffling on the pistol, but after examining my p30, I think we can get a match by painting the ejector port. Might still not be 100%, but it'll be damned close.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back