"Thing" - The World's Strangest Cosplay

TK8541

I have to share this with you... I'm about to have the most unique cosplay in the world. I'm going to be cosplaying as "Thing" from the Addams family! I'm not positive — obviously — but I do believe I am the first person in the world to costume as a hand.

Check out "Thing T. Thing" on facebook here.

I thought of this idea a few months ago... how funny it would be to have "Thing" have an entire page and Instagram account where he posts selfies and pictures of him at Starbucks and so on and so on. So I finally commissioned a "Thing" box and am off and running as "The World's Strangest Cosplay."

I have to "finish" the box — add the cushion on the top, paint it, and add the rivets to the sides, but I'm already posting as "Thing" on Instagram and on Facebook.

As soon as I finish the box and get my Facebook and Instagram set up I'll let you know.

Here are a couple of pictures.
I'll post more as I "finish" the box.

Gotta hand it to ya. It'll definitely get a lot of laughs! How are you gonna hide your body?

Clever and cool.

Thanks, guys. :D

DarthMalachi666 - I will hide just like I'm already doing. And in public I won't "try" to hide. I will let people see "me". It's part of the fun. It's also*— I've already found —*a bit like puppeteering in that people aren't paying attention to me, but to Thing. Just like a kid talking to Cookie Monster while Frank Oz sits in obvious sight right below him. The camera sees the final illusion, but even for those present the illusion is accepted.

Very fun! But yo, trim those nails, Thing wouldn't let his prized digits look even a tiny bit shabby. ;)

Maybe when you're at conventions you could build a jacket with a 3rd fake arm holding the box. That way you could gesture through the box without having the illusion out in the open. Black sleeve, black shirt, Thing arm comes through the front of the jacket sort of thing. What would be even better is if the rest of your body was dressed like Lurch or Gomez, but that would be any entirely separate project.

Very fun! But yo, trim those nails, Thing wouldn't let his prized digits look even a tiny bit shabby. ;)
Whatever! If anyone would be unruly it's the Addams. :D hahaha
(seriously I will clip them... they grow... so... fast....)

Maybe when you're at conventions you could build a jacket with a 3rd fake arm holding the box. That way you could gesture through the box without having the illusion out in the open. Black sleeve, black shirt, Thing arm comes through the front of the jacket sort of thing. What would be even better is if the rest of your body was dressed like Lurch or Gomez, but that would be any entirely separate project.

I had thought of this, but I don't really want to turn it into something that's "more than Thing." ya know?
Like people would have pictures of me as Lurch/Gomez/Fester AND Thing... and not just Thing.

You said it... it would be an entirely separate "thing" (pun intended.)

Post your Adams (Fester) photo.
And Herman just for fun while your at it.

Okay... here's my Fester (this was 1996)... only picture I have of me from then, I was in Australia at the time.

And me as Herman Munster from a few years back...

You guys are making my week! I love that everyone is loving it.

Another pic is scheduled to post on my Facebook page at 7:30. Please go "like" the page for me too!

http://facebook.com/ThankYouThing

I was laughing that "Thing" could possibly end up being my most enjoyable costume yet. LOL. That's fine by me! I'm loving it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back