Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Thanks! I split it into multiple pieces mainly to accommodate people who have smaller machines - like myself. Problem I am now having though, being a novice modeller, is that as the Luger is made from a number of pieces, the gun is not 'solid', there are cavities and manifolds inside the receiver part which I am not able to remedy.

From my measurements, the diameter of the barrel is 30mm for the major length and 35mm for the band. How I found this was working from the length of the Luger sans barrel; finding this was ~142mm long, then measuring/scaling from screen captures.

View attachment 694042

Edit: I'm not sure what Cinema4D is but I can provide you STLs if you'd like.

Edit 2: Actually I managed to fix 99% of the internal imperfections with MeshLab, so now I'm happy!

IMG_5075.jpg
These are the measurements I got for mine using the blueprints I drew up along with my Legends Luger airgun

Thanks @Thain and @SwarleyAUS. Your resources were quite helpful!
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 4.26.46 PM.png

As you can see, that's @Thain's Blueprint behind the gun. I noticed you used Adobe Illustrator in a previous post, Cinema 4D works okay with Illustrator if you save it a certain way. I'd be happy to try to model your blueprint, (I say try because I've never done any modeling for 3D printing just for digital use). If so, drop me a PM and maybe we can set something up. Perhaps @SwarleyAUS could edit/quality control my work since he has done 3D printing before.

While I can't really afford one, I'm kind of interested in making parts for a functioning airsoft like @Flyscriber. Maybe there is a cheap model that will go on sale.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 4.26.46 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Noice! That's what I was thinking, as well.

BTW, the four little nubbins on the top side of the mount don't even look like screws. I wonder what they are?
Not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing that you are, but I believe they are 'grub screws'.
f9c655957a94018e41839381c30263e5.jpg

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Thain and @SwarleyAUS. Your resources were quite helpful!
View attachment 694205

As you can see, that's @Thain's Blueprint behind the gun. I noticed you used Adobe Illustrator in a previous post, Cinema 4D works okay with Illustrator if you save it a certain way. I'd be happy to try to model your blueprint, (I say try because I've never done any modeling for 3D printing just for digital use). If so, drop me a PM and maybe we can set something up. Perhaps @SwarleyAUS could edit/quality control my work since he has done 3D printing before.

While I can't really afford one, I'm kind of interested in making parts for a functioning airsoft like @Flyscriber. Maybe there is a cheap model that will go on sale.

This gives you an idea of the size of my blaster using the dimensions I measured. Length of the exposed section of the barrel is 180mm on mine, so very close to the same length as marked up in the above drawing. However barrel diameter differs more so on mine.

IMG_20161231_221451.jpg

Edit: Sure, I'm happy to review and/or print some parts for quality control. As for parts using airsoft guns, there was this link posted earlier: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Legends-...al-/331970303334?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

IMG_20161231_221451.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but, was at Barnes and Noble today and noticed they had the Rogue One artbook out, they had this for jyn's blaster. I took 3 pictures trying to get the best I could:
IMG_20161231_124523.jpgIMG_20161231_124504.jpgIMG_20161231_124616.jpg

the picture wasn't very big on the page to begin with so I got as close as I could to it.

EDIT: I just ordered the artbook off amazon since the price wasn't bad so I can try to take better pictures when I get it if anyone wants, since it wasn't ideal conditions at the store

Last edited:

Are there any shots of the swivel mount side of the blaster in the movie?

Not sure what you mean by Art Book, but Costco has Art of Rogue One for around $20 or $25. Think that's half price.

None that I've seen so far.

Or, I'm not sure I understand the question. There are pics of that side, but no sling swivel that I've seen.

Yeah, it's in the game, but what we're talking about is that there aren't any shots of it on the prop in the film.

Watched the movie again tonight - I paid extra attention for any sign of the swivel mount and did not see any. It does not appear that was a part of the actual screen-used prop.

Watched the movie again tonight - I paid extra attention for any sign of the swivel mount and did not see any. It does not appear that was a part of the actual screen-used prop.
I think you're right.

But, I still like the detail, to be honest.

Since Battlefront is considered canon anyway, I think the swivel mount is worth doing. Just depends on your headcanon I guess. I'll probably be adding it to mine just because I'm using Battlefront as my main reference since it has the most solid solid views of the blaster IMO.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back