Bandai 1/144 Falcon Parts from FZ6 and Shapeways

Yes, I'm working on a new cabin cone 5 footer style,...
And also a cockpit is on the works... :D

great news tony, the nosecone was the one thing that really bugged me about the bandai kit oh and that over sized grooved panel behind the nosecone

Hey Tony, it was recommended that I ask you about the radar dish base.

It looks to me as if the base is too small in diameter. However, I'm not exactly an expert on the 5 footer.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hey Tony, it was recommended that I ask you about the radar dish base.

It looks to me as if the base is too small in diameter. However, I'm not exactly an expert on the 5 footer.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160104_161450_zpsv3u99dqy.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hi Astroboy!

Well, I've taken as a reference the diameter of the Bandai base. Definitively it must be bigger. I will redesign it today.

Please, PM me...

Many thanks for your suggestion!

Following your suggestions I've already updated the radar mount increasing the diameter to 12.5 mm. Now it will fit perfectly. Sorry...

For any questions regarding the old mount, PM me please. We will work it out...

Many thanks for your support!

Following your suggestions I've already updated the radar mount increasing the diameter to 12.5 mm. Now it will fit perfectly. Sorry...

For any questions regarding the old mount, PM me please. We will work it out...

Many thanks for your support!

So this mean we'll have to order another mount?:unsure

Any plans for an ANH-style, non-mirrored sidewall replacement? Or maybe some drop in-parts for the underside hull to depict the ANH version, without the extra landing gear bays? That would be pretty spiffy!

Any plans for an ANH-style, non-mirrored sidewall replacement? Or maybe some drop in-parts for the underside hull to depict the ANH version, without the extra landing gear bays? That would be pretty spiffy!

Yep!!, that's something to consider. Question of time... :cool:D

The baffles are the bit I'm most excited about getting for my Bandai! They look ace. Cheers for making these available.

The upgrade radar dish will be good too. I probably could have modded a new mount framework, but I doubt it would look as good so ordered Tony's. I might mod it and replace the curved 'platforms' on the mount with wire as some of the reference turning up suggests they aren't solid, but I might wait until definitive shots turn up before I chop anything! :)

Ordered the replacement mount plus the landing gear baffle things.

Tony, you need to update your sig to include the Bandai Falcon. :D

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.shapeways.com/product/SV...ear-baffles?li=shop-results&optionId=58452653

Many thanks!!!

Signature updated... :cool

- - - Updated - - -

The baffles are the bit I'm most excited about getting for my Bandai! They look ace. Cheers for making these available.

The upgrade radar dish will be good too. I probably could have modded a new mount framework, but I doubt it would look as good so ordered Tony's. I might mod it and replace the curved 'platforms' on the mount with wire as some of the reference turning up suggests they aren't solid, but I might wait until definitive shots turn up before I chop anything! :)

Many thanks for your support!!!

Well, I just took plunge, and ordered the Bandai kit, several of Tony's parts, and the PE engine vents. Hope to see more parts from Tony, so I can finally build an accurate STAR WARS version of the ship!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back