The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

We know Bandai took some shortcuts on the sidewalls -- heck, they copy pasted a good section four times, but we forgive them because it's still a fantastic model :) . Astro might be right in that they used an incomplete model but at least the top view must have been completed then.

I dont think Bandai was to blame for the copy & paste....
The asset of the Falcon for battlefront..shows it exactly the same

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.23.23.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.24.14.png

...it must have been at the same stage as when Bandai got their files,.....it has the mirrored paneling & the mirrored sidewalls with the same greeblies minus the new added pipework.....it even has the TFA radar baseplate but has the OT dish & support mounted to it

I'm just relieved that ILM continued to refine & complete the sidewalls, & I'm dying to see some HD images of how the greeblies are built up,...especially the back quarter

J

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.24.14.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.23.23.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely felt that the side profile of the TFA falcon was much sleeker in the desert escape sequence, also when we are looking from above it looked wider even though the proportions seemed bang on, I wonder now is that a funtion of them using filters on the falcon to allow for 70mm filming ?

It is worth noting that the Haynes Millennium Falcon Owners Guide is still relevant to TFA Falcon,....apart from the updates by Han (Leia's wedding gift) and the other 'owners' of the ship,....everything looks pretty much the same

attachment.php

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-30%20at%2000.04.48_zps7nnpwvgd.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-30%20at%2000.04.36_zps7d2nolhj.png

J

I'll never buy the idea that the MF's forward hold is offset to the left. It's too obvious that they built those interior sets with the idea that it was right in the middle between the mandibles.

People were doing this with the 1/44 FM a few years ago also. I tried it on mine, but the only problem was to find a levitation device strong enough to support the weight of the Falcon or it doesn't look very impressive when it's floating 1/2 inch off the display.

A nice render of the Battlefront grille:

View attachment 571619View attachment 571618
J

Thanks for posting those Jaitea. Those engine parts are the new bits (inside the grill) I got from the TFA cross-sections book: the doube page spread of the Falcon over Jakku. It's the same image that's been around for a while on hedders and screen-shots, but I didn't examine it closely 'till I'd seen the book. Glad to see I wasn't imagining thigs.

OK Jaitea, you sold me on the Bandai kit. After seeing all the reference and reviews and your beautiful paint work, I have to get me one of these. I had a question for everyone though. It appears that the Bandai has some decent overlap of the hull armor plating over the sidewalls. I know one thing that struck me when I saw the 5ft in person was all the bent and warped armor panels in the overlapped armor. I thought maybe this happened over the years while being handled, but as you can see in this early production shot, they were there from the beginning, and placed there on purpose. I would like to try and reproduce this on this model, but would love to hear some ideas how to bend and warp the plating? I know how to beat up and chisel away at a model, but bending plates would involve some sort of heating process, I imagine. My initial thoughts where maybe heating it up by holding a soldering iron close, but I'm afraid of bending and warping the surrounding plastic. Any suggestions?
View attachment VEH_IA_850.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back