Fauno Pan's Labyrinth full body sculpt -- FINISHED, final photos in first post+end

Re: Faun, Pan's Labyrinth, full body sculpt

Another update. After some consideration, I decided that I'm going to make the whole front out of latex rather than just the stomach. I want it to stay in place and I'm not sure the foam would have done so. Here's where it stands now.

8671131079_a87277036b_c.jpg

Last edited:

Okay, here we go! I blocked out the back of the torso sculpt and am about 80% done with the front, including all detail work. Really happy with how its turned out thus far. He's going to look sliiiightly more busty than he did in the movie, but hey, I gotta work with what I've got.

8690233803_06fac26116_c.jpg

8691354146_5049a52631_c.jpg

8691352750_71c861d470_c.jpg

8690234429_3349277efa_c.jpg

8690234689_a3c312eea3_c.jpg

8691353750_3ff887aeef_c.jpg

nice work so far, what are you using for the green tape on you lifecast torso??

nice work so far, what are you using for the green tape on you lifecast torso??

Thanks!

It's polyurethane casting tape. Sets with just warm water (and has no dust at all). Regularly used for casts for broken bones nowadays. The exact brand is 5 AM casting tape, and it's also called orthopedic casting tape. You can find it on Ebay.

awesome info , thanks. loving the sculpts so far. keep up the great work.

i remember you from DC last year, i was the guy in the wolfman costume at the contest.

Reality check for the sculpt.

168866_358490710938970_1599809867_n.jpg

I simply don't have long enough torso to make the top overlay work correctly, and it would require some squashing of both breasts and be massively uncomfortable. The second overlay, which is the one I will end up following, will allow for the shorter torso and the actual location of my breasts, and will result in much more minimal reshaping, mostly building up additional "pec" muscles in the center of the torso and adding more of a curve to the bark that leads to the back of the sculpt.

it looks like the top of the torso is a separate piece form the lower torso, also would help getting some air in there...

it looks like the top of the torso is a separate piece form the lower torso, also would help getting some air in there...

It would, except I've revised a bit on how I'm making the upper body/back/shoulder pieces for ease of movement and also so the front piece can stay exactly where I want it to (no shifting). It's not going to fit skin-tight because it's simply not my "size" if you know what I mean!

I'm essentially making a one-piece bathing suit for the entire front (chest and stomach) and lower back. It will be attached directly to the body suit. The upper backpiece and shoulders will be constructed out of foam and will be a one-piece as well (attached via strapping) and will be the second piece to go on.

SO much better. I did a lot of work on readjusting the shape/size of the pecs, and moved the start of the chest area down slightly. I can't get much closer than this without making this massively uncomfortable for myself.

Next up: reforming some of those ab muscles and making a more dramatic swoop.

8701385479_4169683893_o.jpg

Number one- this is awesome. I hope I meet you at a convention sometime.

Number two- how in the world did you cut through the polyurethane tape without cutting yourself?

Number one- this is awesome. I hope I meet you at a convention sometime.

Number two- how in the world did you cut through the polyurethane tape without cutting yourself?

:) Thank you! We used metal shears, they worked marvelously. At first I thought we'd have to dremel me out, which was making me super nervous.

Looks awesome so far, Love this movie and cant wait to see the finished product!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back