Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Abs added!

Thank you everyone!

IronAvenger- Woah thats awesome!! I actually thought it was a still from IM3 the colors are so spot on! Great job!

so did i for a sec...wow thats awesome(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I found this triler now that im see the colors of the costume are more like yellow and not gold in the armour what do yo think the real color of the real armor is????:eek:eek:eek

It's just the lighting, it is gold, a very pale one though, or a metallic beige. You can see it just a few seconds later in the same video where you paused, you'll see it shine, something a pale yellow wouldn't do. It is tricky to reproduce, I concur !

I never lighted up the eyes before, but I'm thinking about it...
but really don't know how to do it '-'

Thank you everyone!

IronAvenger- Woah thats awesome!! I actually thought it was a still from IM3 the colors are so spot on! Great job!

Thanks for the files and the compliment!

Yea the color are awesome! Where did you get the chest part did you buy it or?

Thanks they took a while to match up. What part of the chest? The arc reactor or the actual chest?

so how was the nightmare of painting it? lol

great job :thumbsup

It was a huge nightmare to have to deal with glad it's done.

so did i for a sec...wow thats awesome(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Can u be more specific about it? I am really concerned of I will be able to paint this, since it's going to be my first built...ever!

I read a lot, and saw all the videos from stealth and xrobot and so on.. But here there are so many parts with up to 3 different colors on each part. ::

I'd be glad for any good tip.

Iron Avenger,

Very nice. Is it all foam or hybrid materials?

Last edited:

Which method did you use to seal it? Did you use a coat of primer at all?

I used Plastidip to seal it. 2-3 coats, then paint, no primer. My colors were (in case anyone wanted to know, krylon caramel latte brushed metal, duplicolor toredor red and silver leaf rub and buff (which was hand applied).

I had a question about the forearm. Im in the measuring stage and so far everything has been scaled down to 400. But idk if I have very long forearms but when measuring in pepakura, it seems like ill need to scale it up to 650. Does that sound right? lol

I had a question about the forearm. Im in the measuring stage and so far everything has been scaled down to 400. But idk if I have very long forearms but when measuring in pepakura, it seems like ill need to scale it up to 650. Does that sound right? lol

Hmm... I don't want to exclude any possibilities, but such a huge difference would be very strange and points to... an other species! So, maybe you should check this again. I'd say print it out and you'll see if you are on the right track.

Hmm... I don't want to exclude any possibilities, but such a huge difference would be very strange and points to... an other species! So, maybe you should check this again. I'd say print it out and you'll see if you are on the right track.

Tell me about it. LOL but sure enough, I would need to scale up to 650 for the length to be good, but its to wide that my arm is swimming in it. the only thing I can think of is just extend the inner piece out a lot.

I mad this piece really fast just to test the fitment. This is scaled to 400 to match everything else, but this is how much I have to extend the inner part for it to be long enough... im I doing something wrong? lol

But, judging by your hand, I think 400 is too small for you. For any part. How tall are you?

Thanks for the files and the compliment!

Thanks they took a while to match up. What part of the chest? The arc reactor or the actual chest?

The whole chest not reactor.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back