Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

So here's Guabe's flash hider and grill piece next to the Rubies:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/360/19963937221_f3290b7d23_c.jpg

His flash hider does seem to be a little small, right? From what I've seen in your comparison pics between the MR and the cast Margolin, the Rubies/MR flash hider's overall size is not far off.

That being said, how about the grill piece? Is that about right? 29mm max outer diameter, 41mm length?

There is some info in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=87459&page=2

Here are the key points:

You should remove that finned radiator piece behind the muzzle and replace it with a machined Bobadebt version (if you have/can find one). That MR part is not very accurate.

Must be some thing wrong with my memory, because the MR version looks identical to the Bobadebt version. What are the differences?

The spacing gets tighter between each taper ring towards the back - which is wrong because they're all supposed to be the same. Also it's just overall too big, but that's because they scaled it to the muzzle which is also wrong (too big, wrong Margolin variation).

I double checked the references and you're right. Blast it!
Another inaccurate, licensed prop. :unsure

They were probably in a rush to get these out there and didn't do enough research. If any one is interested in an accurate, resin copy of that grill, please send me a pm. I'll consider it if I get enough interest.

iI will be replacing the muzzle on the rubies with one cast from the correct version. I came with the Margolin cast I received from Markus. You can see it here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=210211&page=4&p=3703038&viewfull=1#post3703038

Last edited:
I'm not the best at a clean looking paint job. I'm much better at distressed, so this needs some work.
IMG_1266.JPG

Are you wet sanding between coats with automotive sandpaper (increasing grits as yo add layers)? It really does amazing things to your paint jobs?

what kind of luster or you using? Flat, satin, glossy?

Automotive primer and gloss black. I did sand in between coat, but not wet sanding. After the last coat I used a fine sanding block to
dull the high shine just a bit. I'm not completely happy with the turn out, but not completely unhappy either. I think it's just ok.

I think gloss black is good for the grips, grill, and cord sections. However, I have never had great luck using gloss for weapons. They always end up looking plastic. I may have mentioned above but I intend to paint the body in flat black, then rub in graphite powder, then clear coat. I am interested to know how that turns out.

Can't believe that no one has bought a Rubies Boba Fett EE-3 yet :lol

still only seen the stock photo's

starting to think I may need to take one for the team & buy one (shipping to the UK is more than the Blaster :wacko)

I must admit that the Fett blaster isn't one I'm too familiar with

comparing pics it looks like the barrel may be shorter in front of the scope on the rubies & maybe the stock too???

I've got rid of my Hasbro so can't measure that for comparison but it was small be good to know the length of the MR or original

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 185
I'm been looking at reference pics for my build and noticed on this pic the fins of the TT cylinder look to have been sanded down. There doesn't seem to be much light showing through the fins.

What does anyone think?

uploadfromtaptalk1438550626303.jpg

My rubies Fett arrived last week, and I've already hit it with some black and silver just to get rid of the ****ty green and orange. Its not bad, and a hair over 24" long. From the measurements posted on tk409, its 3 inches short in the barrel, and 4 inches short stock wise, but everything else seems to be pretty damn close. its 1 assembled piece, but unscrew 3 screws and the stock pulls off. trigger isn't moveable either. All in all, not too shabby! IMG_1766.JPGIMG_1768.JPGIMG_1769.JPGIMG_1767.JPG

My rubies Fett arrived last week, and I've already hit it with some black and silver just to get rid of the ****ty green and orange. Its not bad, and a hair over 24" long. From the measurements posted on tk409, its 3 inches short in the barrel, and 4 inches short stock wise, but everything else seems to be pretty damn close. its 1 assembled piece, but unscrew 3 screws and the stock pulls off. trigger isn't moveable either. All in all, not too shabby! View attachment 509508View attachment 509507View attachment 509506View attachment 509509

Cool, thanks for posting these, it does look pretty good with a lick of paint :)

did you take any pictures of the left side (I've only seen the right) just wondering how they've gone there

I know the length is off a bit & a few of the details but it does look very reasonable especially given the price

does it feel ok in the hand? hasbro had an undersized grip

I like the EE-3 but I'm not likely to invest a lot in one as I can't really display the bigger props (E-11 is my biggest) but for this price it might do for me to fill that gap :lol

plus I like painting up the cheap toy blasters for fun

Here's a shot of the opposite side, It feels pretty good in the hand, not overly large though, I've never had the Hasbro so I'm not much help with the comparison :lol
11828771_10152853215247132_7771630767689802647_n.jpg

Thanks for that, looks good I'm glad they've gone with the grip just on the right

looks like the 2 sides screw together (unlike the Leia which is glued) makes it easier to add weight if you wanted

hmm, ok I think I'll have to have one of these :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back