New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Part of the artwork for the new Retail box art has just been released.

201309-28-42-a0077842_16351866.jpg

That is a lovely clean bit of artwork. Well done on producing such a stunning piece of work.
Any chance this will become available to buy as a print at any point?

Staermose,

To your question here, I've owned a Coyle all metal built-up and a Tomenosuke kit. (Built by me right here in the USA. :D) You asked which one is better? I think it is a question of opinion rather than fact. And it seems to me a lot of people are treating it as an issue of fact.

I sold my Coyle a long time ago so I cannot offer side by side photos. I can tell you that I personally liked the Coyle but prefer the Tomenosuke kit. I like the finish I achieved. I like the overall fit and finish of the various parts in the Tomenosuke. Both pieces are very nice. I just happen to prefer my Tomenosuke.

To any other than Racprops, as he is biased in this question.
What is it that makes a Procprops Blaster better than a Tomenosuke?
I only have a Tomenosuke assembly kit, and therefore cannot make any comparisons, other than with pics online. Does any you have, or have had both products in hand and could share the differences?

The latest on the retailer edition! Almost ready for pre-order.

???PRO??????????????????? : ???? ????? ??????

[here's the English content of the blog post below]

I don't want to leave any regrets behind me. I want to be (free) from the curse of Blaster. With these thoughts in mind, I devoted myself to developing the retailer edition. Without the passion of the model maker Nobutaka Toku (aka Toku-san), the research consultant Eno (aka Enomoto-tencho), president Kawashima-san and the technical director Otani-san of Marushin Kogyo, and the best metal caster Kawakami-san, among others, this work wouldn't have made it this far. This is it for the Tomenosuke Blaster PRO Retailer Edition, and there will be no further new or revised molds. In other words, this is the final form we arrived at.

We once considered creating a model that could fire (a blank type gun). However, it would require strengthening the firing mechanism, and I was advised by a pro that if I did so, the die-cast zinc receiver would be considered a reinforcing part for firing live ammunition, and it might be designated as an imitation firearm (or at worst, a simulated firearm). From the experience of once having the Tomenosuke Blaster OG prototype (part of the gun barrel used metal components) seized by the police and charges filed for violation of the Imitation Firearms Possession Law after a year of discretionary investigation, I learned firsthand the gap between reality and a law created over 40 years ago and the ambiguity of the guidelines, and I was not so set on making a model that can fire (a blank gun) that I was willing to take the risks. Also, when I thought about exporting to the USA—the number two market after Japan—it would be required to fit a non-removable red cap to the barrel of a blank gun, and I wasn't interested in going out of my way to make a product that would have its looks ruined. Needless to say, my emphasis on the look and feel were due to my goal of creating a fine prop replica of the Blaster.

Please see the image slowly and carefully. The explanation probably sounds like the game "Spot the Difference" where you search for what has changed between two pictures.

Unpolished silver-colored die-cast zinc and aluminum is used.

▲ Receiver / The top is the Retailer Edition. The areas indicated by the red arrows have been improved.

▲ Additionally, although it is difficult to determine from the image, the circular depressions that can be seen on both sides of the safety have been revised from a cylindrical shape to a spherical one.
Bolt / The gap between the bolt sleeve and receiver has been eliminated. (See the image of the top)

▲ Right Cover / The Weaver scope knob (slot-head screw) is now fastened with a screw. The position of the binding post was lowered.

▲ Left Cover / In order to move the laser sight closer to the receiver, post-processing was used to cut the groove for the mounts at the absolute limits while taking strength into account. A hole was also placed in the lower part.

▲ Front Trigger / The shape was completely redone. The improved part is on the right.

▲ Blaster Grip Frame / Refurbishment of the grip was our major theme. In Image-1, the one in the front, and the one at the top are the improved parts. The underside and inside were both improved. The beveling of the areas indicated by the arrows in Image-2 was also improved.

▲ Charter Arms Grip Frame / The positions of the screw holes in the front and rear surfaces were modified. The shape of the grooves in the rear surface was improved (right side of image).

▲ Grip End ("Butt plate") / The shape was completely redone. The improved part is on the right.

▲ Switch Cover / We switched pressed metal part to cast plastic parts and made the edges sharper. The size and position of the ON and OFF lettering was also improved. All are depended on Toku-san's manual labor. And Enomoto-tencho took charge of the finish by a white paint. The screws were also changed from metric to "inch" screws.

retaileredition.jpg

The left of the upper image is Tomenosuke Blaster PRO Retailer Edition before coloring and the right is Tomenosuke Blaster PRO World Convention model. Moreover, the grip attached to the Retailer Edition is a trial production, and it differs from real parts.

This production run will be 300 units. Of this number, we plan for 200 to be assembled replicas, and 100 to be assembly kits, and in a few days, we will be accepting pre-orders at our distributor Hollywood Collector's Gallery for just 50 of each. We also plan to release them at affiliated shops in Japan, the USA, and Hong Kong etc., when they are finished.

These look great are the retail versions around 1000? I thought I saw the kits last summer (un-assembled) for around $550. Wish I could swing one.

Previous built versions were about $1100 US... no word yet on the price of this one. 200 built ones will be made, 100 kits.

K

Just looking at this. I see a clear deference around the curvature on the rite side plate around the Weaver nob. surrounds it more on the original..

Excellent. That means there's a good chance for a Retailer Version 2.0, later on to fix this issue. :p Muahahahaha

The difference is extremely obvious even at a quick glance?! Does anyone know if the World con version is more accurate?! My Coyle kit is more accurate than this version I'm almost positive?!? Hmmm...to buy or not to buy?
Also, word is they are working on the translation for the sale page right now!??

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back