Mint Graflex sells for $760.00 on Ebay!!!

Three makers? I don't know if you're naming Parks too, if then, the new ones are not "accurate" and the price is already known...

The only one really into it is Romans, the other used wants to do them, but we do not know if he has started.

Dude...if that was the case, I would have let you borrow one of my mint Graflex's for $200.00, send it back to me after you made the replicas along with two of your replicas as final payment for using my Graflex and I think you would have still come out ahead. ;)

Seriously....how much more accurate will your replica be with the super mint one you have? It would not be due to measurements. Is it due to the metal finish of the one you purchased? I assume that is the reason? You will be able to offer a "fresh out of the box" look due to having the ability to replicate a mint finish? (The finish is superb, by the way.)

How much are you looking at charging? Don't say 760.00 each. LOL!

You are absolutely correct, it has to do with the finish. Although the process is a little more complex, a casting includes all cosmetic blemishes in the item. This could include everything from small scratches to a otherwise smooth area being slightly rough as a result of rust. While those imperfections can be removed through a number of methods, it will still never be "perfect." The more imperfections that need to be removed, the more potential issues. This is the reason that I have been advised by a number of machinists to utilize the best exemplar specimen possible.

As far as price I guarantee it will be less than $760!! I'm probably going to offer it a number of ways, and pricing will be dependent on whether I decide to do the manufacturing domestically or abroad. That said, I am hopeful that the final version with T-track, an accurate D-ring, and calculator bubble/computer card will be under $200.

There's someone on eBay right now selling a Graflex glass eye with a BIN of $95.

Just the glass eye. $95.

Yeah I mentioned that in another thread. Hands down the most insane thing I've seen from that guy.

That said, still needs a buyer. SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLET KIDS!

57453426837046-vi.jpg

What a great thread, had some laughs along the way James Kenobi, prehaps the price should have been $1138. I was lucky to get some Graflex's a year ago. I've got 3X 3 cells, one was in good condition which I used for my ESB. The other 2 were in excellent condition, and between them and a couple of 2 cells Ive got also, I could put together a mint one. Bought mine at the 280-300 mark.
I was bidding on on one at the time and it went for around $540, it also was mint, (There also was another buy it now for $300 that was mint.) but I wondered if the people bidding in the last moments both had the same idea, thinking to put in a ridiculous bid, thinking no one would place such a high bid, and get it for the highest bidders maximum, hoping that it surely would be lower than the large amount they have entered as their own bid. One can be caught out, best to enter the most you are prepared to pay and be happy, than to take a gamble by bidding a ridiculous amount, thinking no one else will think to do that, and hoping you will still get it for a good price.

Graflex guy, check out the thread about the ANH D ring, some interesting info. The D ring most likely came from a Graflex case.

@ Graflex Guy ... check with Roy and strike a deal for the T-tracks, bubbles and D-ring ... he's already looking into expanding his inventory to be able to have plenty of supplies available when VII hits the theatres ... also that way you can concentrate on your version of the G R A F L E X flashgun ... just make certain to leave some visible tells, perhaps on the inside, as to being able to distinguish them as replica's. Personally I think Luke's lightsaber doesn't have to look prestine ... scratches and dings only add character to the used-future appearance ... so no need to go for 100% in my opinion :)

Chaim

Roy's kits are lovely, well researched, and I love the T track. ANH saber may be in a little better condition to the poor ESB one, that's when it really gets a beating. I agree with Chaim, if it looks too perfect its harder to fantasise you actually have Luke's light saber lol. A manufacturer logo on the inside of the tube perhaps.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back