Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Dangerous interest... I was only going to collect the O.T. sabers... I estimated there to be around 8 or 9 of them...

Well I have almost a dozen my collection, and I'm still not halfway through the O.T. Collection... so I don't know what's happening...:behave

Good grief! What have I gotten into?! Lol!

I too am just interested in OT stuff but I don't know how detailed I'll get. I figure perhaps Luke's ROTJ hero and V2, Luke's ANH and ESB, Obi-wan's hero, and probably either Vader's ANH or ESB. Finding even one MPP will be quite a chore but I'd love to do so.

Sooo, all totalled...maybe 6 for me?

Of course, the ST may sway me for more.

- - - Updated - - -

Have fun with your new expensive addiction! It can get pretty bad. I remember having a closet full of MR boxes and no money...

I like having money...but I like lightsabers too. Curse my lot in life...

Indeed halliwax it has the nipple ... so yes that's the V2 ... the resin stunt that R2-D2 emits does not :

and to add to the confusion ... this is the Yuma stunt ... with an uncomplete controlbox and silver sidebar instead of black boxes per hero :

Which leaves me to this ESB photograph ... the V2 (?) as stunt in action in the hands of Bob Anderson? :

but if Bob has the V2 ... what does Luke have in this picture ... the V3? :

and is this the V2 again for the ROTJ shoot since Vader has the shared ESB/ROTJ Stunt?

:wacko ... I'm off to bed now ... once again this is to much to process at 2:38 A.M. :wacko

Chaim

Don't forget the Shared Stunt still had a blade and was still being used until after ROTJ.

The Shared Stunt had it's blade (and the nipple) removed and the black saber including the Graflex clamp was covered in silver foil tape so it would resemble the all silver Hero saber.

The 2 sabers in ANH were 1.5 inch diameter and had a Graflex clamp. ROTJ control boxes were only added to the 1.38 diameter machined sabers that became the 'Hero' version.

The Shared Stunt and the V2 still have Graflex clamps on them, never control boxes.

Well now I'm completely confused. heh.

Could you post samples of which are which?

If the hero is machined... and the one vader is turning in a close up...

then where is this resin version with the seam I keep hearing about?

If the hero is machined... and the one vader is turning in a close up...

Top: Hero 1.38 diameter
Middle: V2 1.5 diameter
Bottom: Shared Stunt 1.5 diameter

rotjsaber-vi.jpg

Shared Stunt being used as a stand-in during rehearsal:

1_510042659023050_1369330259_o-vi.jpg

Shared Stunt:

storicVisitOriginalPropBlog069-vi.jpg

storicVisitOriginalPropBlog071-vi.jpg

And just for fun V2 in ANH, being rigged for the 'Kenobi-getting-cut-in-half' effect:

obi_wan_saber-vi.jpg

Dang, the V2 in ANH really looks different from shot to shot. The emitter seems almost like bare aluminum in the left hand shot.

It had transistors, huh? Neat. I really am half tempted to ANH mine...

If the hero is machined... and the one vader is turning in a close up..

James' post is key. Anything with a control box has nothing to do with ANH. The shared stunt and V2, indicated by their graflex clamps and the groove in the top of the neck like a grenade, are both from ANH and were used in different areas throughout the rest of the films for luke. The hero looks very similar because the design team used the ANH stunts as inspiration to make new sabers, with control boxes instead.

It would be less confusing to simply say that anything with a graflex clamp dates back to ANH when speaking of Lukes ROTJ saber.

Using the term "control box" causes further confusion unless you qualify that term with "machined".

The top hero has roughly the same diameter as the other sabers. 1.38" is much too small

Top: Hero 1.38 diameter
Middle: V2 1.5 diameter
Bottom: Shared Stunt 1.5 diameter

thanks! I THINK I'm keeping track now... so my only question is, aside from the resin ones that were fired out of R2, Which one was cast? All I heard about was one with an ugly seam... is that the shared stunt, or with the revelations that the V2 doesn't have a seam, does that mean there isn't one with a seam...?

The shared stunt was cast, and does have a seam.

Pics courtesy of our dear departed Jet Beetle.

Attachments

• P1010062.jpg
    P1010062.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 291
  • P1010065-1.jpg
    P1010065-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
thanks! I THINK I'm keeping track now... so my only question is, aside from the resin ones that were fired out of R2, Which one was cast? All I heard about was one with an ugly seam... is that the shared stunt, or with the revelations that the V2 doesn't have a seam, does that mean there isn't one with a seam...?
The ones were talking about are the shared stunt and V2. For some reason they were molten cast in aluminum, instead of being lathed from stock. you can see the seam line on the Shared stunt. Brandon just told us that the v2 doesn't have the seam lines or casting dimples, suggesting it was cleaned up on a lathe after casting, removing the seam line and stuff.

the ones shot out of r2 on screed were resin casts of these ANH stunt sabers, they have the neck groove.

Attachments

• Lukeresinstunt-03_zps4bb28b5c.jpg
    Lukeresinstunt-03_zps4bb28b5c.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 2,176
Last edited:
the ones shot out of r2 on screed were resin casts of these ANH stunt sabers, they have the neck groove.

Preach on brother!!! A lot of people get this wrong and think that this one was a cast of the hero since Elstree props sold a fake a while back that claimed to be one of these. But you're speaking the truth! and the people need to hear it :)

Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber- based on the new info from SWCA

I'll look around and see what I can do

EDIT

I just bought 30 d-rings. So I can include one for anyone who needs one :)

Are the d-rings first come/first served too? If you have one to throw on mine, I'd love one! One less thing to track down :lol
@roygilsing I'm in! Looks good. How are the real levers attached? A rivet? I don't have an actual Graflex to look at atm. On the fourth pic, I feel like there's a hint of upsweep at the tip of the lever?

GAH! I agree there's no more tooth... as Brandon confirmed, but there's SOMETHING there catching the light. Paint? A Dent? a contour? It's in all of the photos...

GAH! I agree there's no more tooth... as Brandon confirmed, but there's SOMETHING there catching the light. Paint? A Dent? a contour? It's in all of the photos...

On the second images of Brandon which Dan posted here and I used for the reversed engineering, there is no bump visible. Maybe there is some paint indeed on the lever causing the suggested 'tooth'.

@roygilsing

I dunno. There's something about the shape that doesn't do it for me. In the new pics, I'm seeing more a curve to the body shape and towards the end it really thins out where there's more of a lip.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back