What ROTJ did I watch on TNT last night?

2 changes I just learned of the other day was that they made Jabba's door bigger and when R2 gets zapped towards the end, they added more gadgets popping out of him.

Blinking ewoks buddy!! In my best trump voice "It's gonna be big"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the "Nooooo!" thing is audio lifted from the end of ROTS, isn't it?

Anyway, as for not being aware, if you basically decided to ignore the blu-ray release and didn't pay attention to any of the changes that were announced (or discovered by people), then yeah, you could've missed it. There are, I'm sure, changes on the blu-ray that I don't know about because I mostly ignored it. I know they added a digital rock in front of R2. I know they added the "Noooooooo!" thing at the end. Otherwise, I have no idea what else they did, because I had no intention of buying it.

It did sound a lot like the same "Noooo"

Funny you never heard about this... I hadn't seen it til a few months ago, but heard a while back about the changes.

I don't get why people would care about blinking Ewoks... that's one of those little changes that doesn't change character or story...

The digital rock in front of R2 was a boggling.... *shakes head*

It did sound a lot like the same "Noooo"

Funny you never heard about this... I hadn't seen it til a few months ago, but heard a while back about the changes.

I don't get why people would care about blinking Ewoks... that's one of those little changes that doesn't change character or story...

The digital rock in front of R2 was a boggling.... *shakes head*

I think you're mixing up two different commenters here. I knew about the Nooooo thing and the R2 rock from following the changes on this board. Beyond that, I don't recall a lot of the changes, other than that they apparently fixed their ****up with the swapped rear channels in the 5.1/6.1 mix from the DVD.

I think you're mixing up two different commenters here. I knew about the Nooooo thing and the R2 rock from following the changes on this board. Beyond that, I don't recall a lot of the changes, other than that they apparently fixed their ****up with the swapped rear channels in the 5.1/6.1 mix from the DVD.

Yup I did... I was going to correct but got distracted and instead spent the last 2 hours killing my brain cells reading twitter comments.

I should have just corrected myself. I'm now dumber for it.

That digital rock in front of R2 looks absolutely terrible! It looks like a 2D sprite from a video game. The shadow it casts looks like a crummy photoshop job. No good!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

2 changes I just learned of the other day was that they made Jabba's door bigger and when R2 gets zapped towards the end, they added more gadgets popping out of him.
EDIT: Sorry, I was too quick on the reply because I had just seen this video today and thought it was hilarious. Didn't realize it was already posted a few back.
oh well, here it is again

Last edited by a moderator:
It was that ONE part that crossed the line with the Vader "No.... NOOO!!!" near the end as to why I just can't watch that version. I own the Blu-Rays, but I cannot watch ROTJ hearing that part, so I always put on the despecialized ROTJ. At least then they still have Lapti Nek and a beakless Sarlaac still intact.

Just atrocious what they did to the latest release of ROTJ.

I haven't watched a special edition since I went and saw the first ones in the theater in 1997.
I hated them.
My girlfriend-at-the-time bought me the gold box set on VHS, but I couldn't watch them without becoming violently irate.
They're gone now. I don't know where they went. Hopefully I burned them in a drunken rampage.

My parents still own the original VHS box set. My Mom said she'll happily keep those. I bet they have deteriorated pretty badly by now.

When did the Blu Ray version come out? Was it while Lucas was still in there?

My parents still own the original VHS box set. My Mom said she'll happily keep those. I bet they have deteriorated pretty badly by now.

It might. I have the pan and scan version (didn't know any better back in 97...), but I haven't tried them. I had a making of ROTJ VHS tape and years ago I tried to let my nephew watch it and it was all static.

More proof that Uncle George has gone off his rocker and can't stop screwing with his own movies just because he could. He shouldn't be allowed near any of his movies ever again.

Blinking ewoks buddy!! In my best trump voice "It's gonna be big"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making Ewoks great again ;)
Adding the blinking was really necessary :rolleyes because viewers of Return of the Jedi, kept asking why Wicket and the other Ewoks would have this 24/7 staring contest, with everyone around them :rolleyes :wacko

More proof that Uncle George has gone off his rocker and can't stop screwing with his own movies just because he could. He shouldn't be allowed near any of his movies ever again.

I heard rumors he wants to go back and replace the enemy planes in Red Tails with tie-fighters...... :p :lol :lol
Not really but it wouldn't really surprise me.

When did the Blu Ray version come out? Was it while Lucas was still in there?

September 2011, over half a decade ago. Time for yet another special edition *sigh* :facepalm

i am so friggin happy that i had the first release on betamax copied to a dvd some years ago. i can enjoy al the "flaws" like cities in sky without windows, tiny moss eisley, "forcefield" under landspeeder and all these joys before the movies got ruined. :p:p

Some of the changes I like, some I am neutral with, others are abominations that totally ruin the scene or pacing

The Vader No in Return of the Jedi had to be one of the most egregious ones. The power behind the shot of Vader looking back and forth between the Emporer and Luke was perfect to show the conflict in Vader. The "No" turned the entire thing into a bad joke.

When they released the trilogy on DVD around 2006 (I think) they had a "bonus" disc with each movie that had the original theatrical versions included. That was the last time I bought it. I think they tweaked some colors but other than that it is exactly the same as the THX digital re-mastered release, no blinking ewoks or Noooo!
I am still happy with this one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back