Suicide Squad (Post-release)

Man. Its hard to imagine what youre like in real life. Im glad Im only getting a taste of it on these forums. Chill out man. You act like every thread I post in involves me spewing bile at everything. Its pretty laughable actually. Youre so condescending its ridiculous, I have been noticing that from quite a few people actually. The veil of the internet lets them say things I guarantee they wouldnt say in real life, but hey, thats cool too. Do you feel better about yourself that you have singled me out, and basically are doing the thing that you say that I do to other people? Does your flame burn brighter because you are trying to snuff me out? Typical elitist internet nerd. Go ahead man, flex that e-peen of yours, and get your kicks anyway you can. :lol

Man I saw this post pushed up and was hoping there was something cool to talk about the extended director's cut .

Nope !

Is there anything cool in the D.C. version ?

Inquiring people who don't wanna pay for blue rays from Netflix and no D.C. DVD version exist want to know ?

Last edited:
Man. Its hard to imagine what youre like in real life. Im glad Im only getting a taste of it on these forums. Chill out man. You act like every thread I post in involves me spewing bile at everything. Its pretty laughable actually. Youre so condescending its ridiculous, I have been noticing that from quite a few people actually. The veil of the internet lets them say things I guarantee they wouldnt say in real life, but hey, thats cool too. Do you feel better about yourself that you have singled me out, and basically are doing the thing that you say that I do to other people? Does your flame burn brighter because you are trying to snuff me out? Typical elitist internet nerd. Go ahead man, flex that e-peen of yours, and get your kicks anyway you can. :lol

OK, I'll give it one final attempt.

I'm pretty awesome in real life, but I don't really understand how that's relevant to anything going on here.

Chill out? I couldn't be more calm, but thanks for your concern.

You DO "spew bile" in [nearly] EVERY post you make ***where someone has dared to have a different opinion than you***. That was the ENTIRE point to the first thing I said to you.

CON-DE-SCEND-ING: Adjective: Having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority. Says the guy who feels compelled to come into threads SPECIFICALLY to tell everyone how frakking wrong & unintelligent they are for having differing opinions.

Now for the funniest part. I suspected you might be the type of poster who pulls the e-thug, 102nd Chairborne Ranger, Keyboard Commando, you-wouldn't-dare-speak-to-me-like-that-in-person routine. And in that, you do NOT disappoint. You have resorted to THE most hilariously absurd Internet cliche in existence. (And for the record, I never type anything I wouldn't say directly in front of somebody's eyeballs.)

For me to be doing to you, what I say you're doing to other members, I would have to be replying to every poster in these threads (who DIDN'T like the films), & insult their intelligence, & make sure they know how wrong they are, & that their opinions don't matter... Is it too much to hope, that you're seeing the difference yet?

So, one more time, not trying to "snuff [you] out". Just wishing people could have varying opinions without having to deal with being trash-talked for it. THAT'S IT. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what's left from your post? More name-calling: expected, more insults: expected, derisive comment: expected. That's a forum HAT-TRICK, imo!

I think it's fair to assume we are all suffering from long-term post traumatic stress induced by the viewing and discussion of this film. The only reasonable solution I see is going back in time and killing David Ayers... there was something about Skynet also but I don't think we're quite there yet.

Side note, mods, can we give banned users a "There are literally DOZENS of us!" badge? Useless... but it would make me smile. :)

FINALLY got to see SS a few days ago. I had no real preconceived notions or judgement going into it.

Here's what I liked. Most of the back stories. That was fun. Introduced most everyone. HQ was smokin' hot. I didn't mind most of the characters. I had ZERO empathy for any of them, being the bad guys. I also had ZERO empathy for the good guys who were really bad guys. I'm not a "the ends justify the means" type of guy, so...

The Joker- he was okay though seemed a little young looking compared to how old Batman is supposed to be. But meh. Good skin care and exercise is everything.

The bad: The editing was a mess. Stuff unrelated to specific parts just seemed to pop up. My wife noted that too.

The end antagonist was just such a nothing act. Here she is. She's bad. She's here. She fights the good guys in a boring slow mo battle at the end. Just completely uninspired and boring. And I don't need a BIG world ending battle- just something interesting and compelling. So that kinda sucked.

It just seemed kinda disjointed and uninspired.

The way I rate a movie is simple.

I loved it and will watch it over and over;
I will watch it again at some point if it's on;
Meh, this is the one time I'll ever watch it;
Steven Segal

For me, this is: Meh, this is the one time I'll ever watch it;

FINALLY got to see SS a few days ago. I had no real
preconceived notions or judgement going into it.

Steven Segal

Love your rating system

Although in our reality it is Steven Seagal .

Its supposedly one of those Mandela Effect thing's .

Either most people remember his name wrong or that damn neo is messing with the matrix again.

Or in this case we never cared enough to learn his proper name . lol

Whatever it is , it is one of the best rating systems out there I ever heard of !

Last edited:

Love your rating system

Although in our reality it is Steven Seagal .

Its one of those Mandela Effect thing's .

Either most people remember his name wrong or that damn neo is messing with the matrix again.

Or in this case we never cared enough to learn his proper name . lol

Oh I would say with unwavering conviction, that I have not taken one second to waste space in my head committing his name to memory. I feel dumber engaging in conversation about him. :lol

Though I also have a horrible habit of leaving out critical letters while typing. For example: my prior post was missing an "n" in never. It's quite frustrating.

The end antagonist was just such a nothing act. Here she is. She's bad. She's here. She fights the good guys in a boring slow mo battle at the end. Just completely uninspired and boring. And I don't need a BIG world ending battle- just something interesting and compelling. So that kinda sucked.

It just seemed kinda disjointed and uninspired.

Steven Segal

I love your rating system. pretty much mine too. although i'd probably choose another actor as i don't think i've seen a SS movie.

That's the problem with ghostbuster movies too. one world ending battle is fine. but all the time? Real Ghostbusters showed us that the smaller cases are MUCH more interesting most of the time than the world ending stuff. just cause it's a movie doesn't always mean it has to be world encompassing.

disjointed and uninspired seems to cover most of the dc movie verse for me, minus two of the nolan movies. they havn't gotten joker right in the movie verse yet. I would say Jack came closest just because it's jack. but he wasn't zany enough with the comic book antics. the best and only joker for me is mark hamil :) with the Brave and the Bold guy coming in a close second :)

I finally got around to watching this film last night and decided to just go for the extended cut since this might be the only time I see it, so here it goes...

I felt like I was watching a movie that I think should have been after 4 or 5 DC films. The movie starts as a fantastic introduction to a bunch of characters I had no attachment to at all. It was like the just skipped giving these bad guys a proper forefront villain introduction in any other film and just decided to throw them all into this one flick expecting that I would be amazed. Well... I wasn't.

I think Harley Quinn exceeded expectations, though I truly feel there was a better fit for her out there to fill that role. She wasn't bad and pleasantly surprised of the performance as a whole. It's a REAL shame they didn't focus more on the Harley/Joker relationship in a prior film. It would have strengthened this plot line a lot more.

Leto's Joker was never something I was excited about, but I have to say surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as I perceived in the trailer... BUT he was absolutely my least favorite portrayal of Joker. The Joker deserved a proper film introduction to a Batman film.... not like this.

Killer Croc was pretty cool. They didn't spend enough time developing him more for me to care.

El Diablo was pretty cool. They didn't spend enough time developing him more for me to care.

Boomerang... WHAT? I mean half the stuff he was saying I could barely understand. He wasn't necessary at all.

Slip-not for long. Throw-away character.

Deadshot was probably the only other bad guy they developed along with Harley, but I really didn't feel much for him. He's a Dad with a daughter, and we know he cares for her. He kills people and we know he won't shoot through her daughter to kill anyone, haha!

Oooh! Flash! Yeah, dude... stay out of it right now. We don't know anything about you in the DCU yet. Why are you even there RIGHT NOW?

BATMAN - Well I'm already not feeling Batman a whole lot since BvS. He needed his own solo film established. When I saw him swoop in a few times I wasn't all giddy. I felt like I was in the middle of a storyline I should have went back watching other movies first to more get this excitement. But again, there is no series of films yet that exist for me to make that statement.

In the end, I didn't care. This movie shouldn't have been out yet. This should have been like the Avengers for villains spectacular team-up we've been waiting for, but shouldn't have seen yet.

I therefore rate this:
50065435.jpg

Take your time, DC. This could have worked better for me 2-3 years from now. This meant nothing to me. I REALLY hope this Batman flick turns out good. Wonder Woman looks about the only promising solo film in the works right now, honestly.

Last edited:
I went to see this with my nephew at the 1.00 movies. Wow I'm glad it was only a buck. The character development was weak to nonexistent. It was almost like they had an ideas for a film and all the actors they wanted couldnt do it so they focused on will smith. Just a poor attempt at trying to create a tie in movie. The only character I had any attachment too was Diablo and he just kinda gave up. Everyone seem to just be walking through the scenes. No heart or emotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty much summons up my entire feeling of the DCMU at this point.

maybe one undeveloped idea, that no one left in comics or movies at DC has the knolwedge of the characters, or the fun of the adventure storytelling these things require, to pull it off.

DC Movies is doomed.

Heh, I saw something online that stated, while Marvels movie division is doing quite well do to focusing on entertainment EVERYONE can enjoy.....
their comics division is in as bad shape as DC's movie division, because of disney's mandate to go the SJW route.
supposedly they are cancelling one failed comic after another.... good :)

pretty much summons up my entire feeling of the DCMU at this point.

maybe one undeveloped idea, that no one left in comics or movies at DC has the knolwedge of the characters, or the fun of the adventure storytelling these things require, to pull it off.

DC Movies is doomed.

Heh, I saw something online that stated, while Marvels movie division is doing quite well do to focusing on entertainment EVERYONE can enjoy.....
their comics division is in as bad shape as DC's movie division, because of disney's mandate to go the SJW route.
supposedly they are cancelling one failed comic after another.... good :)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....
Let's blame SJW. Meanwhile, some of Marvel's best selling books are the female Thor's and the Muslim Ms. Marvel. :lol

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....
Let's blame SJW. Meanwhile, some of Marvel's best selling books are the female Thor's and the Muslim Ms. Marvel. :lol

Yep, that Ms. Marvel is doing so terribly I have her in action figure form, from a mass market toy line no less. :rolleyes
Marvel cancels comics all the time, print comics are a slowly dying medium. One story line that gets low sales can tank weaker titles anymore. None of it has anything to do with an agenda of any political flavor.

As for DC movies, they're not doomed. DC is slowly learning what not to do. David Ayers has admitted this movie had faults and he'd make some big changes (Joker as the villain and more focus on the Joker/Harley relationship) if he could go back in time. That gives me some hope for future movies.

should have realized that from the start. joker and harley are popular characters after all.....compared to h ow many casuals even know killer croc or deadshot ;o)

David Ayers has admitted this movie had faults and he'd make some big changes (Joker as the villain and more focus on the Joker/Harley relationship) if he could go back in time. That gives me some hope for future movies.

Wasn't Jared Leto's portrayal of the Joker one of the film's biggest criticisms?

The unfortunate fact is they aren't learning quickly enough. Wonder Woman is not a huge improvement.. at least not enough to matter. Justice League isn't stacking up to be any better. Both of course will be better received than Suicide Squad and I'm sure a financial success so the money train will keep rolling. At this point, Marvel is at 15 releases and maybe 3 were misses? When Justice League comes out DC will be up to 5 and not a single one hit.. financially of course they will keep raking in money good films or not, but is that good enough? Their only hope is the stand alone Batman movie. Feel free to quote me on this.. come back to this thread after JL drops and I will be able to back up every word.

They need to figure it out quicker than this but as long as these movies are made by suits at a table they won't improve.. cutting a few poor directors and "visionaries" would certainly help though.

When Justice League comes out DC will be up to 5 and not a single one hit

Im on 2 atm and while i don't mean an absolute hit i enjoyed MoS and BvS.

Suicide squad is another story. Big DC fan and gotta say the more i think back about this movie the more i just dont like it. I have seen assault on arkham (animated movie) soo many times now and overall that just had a way better story line. Wish they would have gone that route. At first i liked the Joker design cus it was something different but his performance was just not that good. harley and surprisingly deadshot were quite enjoyable. the music was all over the place and often din't fit into a certain scene. horrible villain choice.

the music is basically just background noise now. either all the good composers quit or are avoiding hollywood (good call) or they are being told to tone it down so as not to over shadow the visual art.

I can't remember the last good score that was fun. Twister, maybe? :)

Dude, Hans Zimmer, Ramin Djawadi, Danny Elfman... Tons of great composers still working today ! And a great OST should never overshadow the visuals, but accompany them, elevate them...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back