LINK from Zelda's Twilight Princess-wip

Murdoch

Sr Member
pOk so to my surprise my daughter had just recently mentioned that she wanted to be Link from Zelda's twilight princess. So my journey begins, and after searching for info on the subject this is what i came up with. First i would like to thank a couple of people who had helped me with this. Dracosfire83 had recently supplied me with a file that although would have been very helpful, i could not use due to my lack of understanding my computer lol. 2nd Emmaincandyland sometime ago had supplied me with several refference pics of Link, which had been lost due to my cumputer crashing lol once again. So this is a free hand build with the help of a book that my daughter has, also reffering to the visual of the file supplied by Dracosfire83.
2014-06-10035952_zps6a1f583c.jpg

This is the book that i will be using as a refference, many wonderful pics that i have found to be useful.
2014-06-07192251_zps5115d913.jpg

2014-06-08113954_zpsfa379232.jpg

2014-06-08114013_zpsb60fc85f.jpg

2014-06-08171722_zps4f6348df.jpg

2014-06-08221317_zps5283e1e2.jpg

2014-06-09194954_zps24396c6d.jpg

2014-06-09203554_zpsb6c4bd8a.jpg

This is what i have so far. I hope to be doing the complete costume. The Hylian shield, sword and outfit. Hope you folks like, and if you've got any suggestions please don't be shy. Thanx guys...GM

Last edited:
Oh there are fans! I'm really digging the shape of that shield, as well as the way the accents pop out. Haha, I remember making a Hylian Shield out of cardboard and paper mache when I was in middle school. Still have it in my closet in fact! Well, I guess that's not totally true...it's the shape of the Hylian Shield, I just put my own design in the center. I know there are pep files out there for a life size figure of Link, including sword, scabbard, and shield, but I don't have them or the link to them available to me. Search around and maybe you'll come across them, or maybe someone else can point you there now that I've mentioned it.

Either way, so far this is awesome. Keep it up and your daughter will be thrilled!

I think it looks amazing. Im planning on Link to be my first cosplay so to see how someone else does theirs would be awesome to see

Cool! The shield looks like a great start. Your pictures reminded me that I still need to pick up my copy of Hyrule Historia too. Any thoughts about incorporating some of the other items from the Zelda series?

Oh there are fans! I'm really digging the shape of that shield, as well as the way the accents pop out. Haha, I remember making a Hylian Shield out of cardboard and paper mache when I was in middle school. Still have it in my closet in fact! Well, I guess that's not totally true...it's the shape of the Hylian Shield, I just put my own design in the center. I know there are pep files out there for a life size figure of Link, including sword, scabbard, and shield, but I don't have them or the link to them available to me. Search around and maybe you'll come across them, or maybe someone else can point you there now that I've mentioned it.

Either way, so far this is awesome. Keep it up and your daughter will be thrilled!
I have that file for the life size Link but i could'nt separate the pieces of the shield. I can on other files, just not the link one...GM
The shape i am happy with but it's got some warping issues that i need to address. Also the outer edge where the cardboard is cut i need to somehow fill it and make solid so that i can use rondo...GM

Last edited:
Cool! The shield looks like a great start. Your pictures reminded me that I still need to pick up my copy of Hyrule Historia too. Any thoughts about incorporating some of the other items from the Zelda series?
Not quite sure what you mean about incorporating other items.
content-4-33838-link-legend-of-zelda_zpsfe1ac8c7.jpg

This is one of the pics i am using for reference. So pretty much everything you see here with sword, scabbard maybe a sling shot. I don't really know the game, never played it to know what goodies he has at his disposal. I'll have to check with my daughter to see. I hope that answers you question...GM

Some additional items you can make from Twilight Princess include:

The Golden Bugs you collect during the game
487829_228658820604653_1534244584_n.jpg

Health Restoring Fairies
395659_228659390604596_1347241560_n.jpg

Dungeon Maps (This Twilight Princess's Forest Temple for example)
539583_228834440587091_1840937497_n.jpg

And the all purpose Jar (You can also see the Compass from the game on the belt as well, that's another item)
487936_228658763937992_1182822479_n.jpg

Some additional items you can make from Twilight Princess include:

The Golden Bugs you collect during the game
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...0x720/487829_228658820604653_1534244584_n.jpg

Health Restoring Fairies
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...0x720/395659_228659390604596_1347241560_n.jpg

Dungeon Maps (This Twilight Princess's Forest Temple for example)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....1.0-9/539583_228834440587091_1840937497_n.jpg

And the all purpose Jar (You can also see the Compass from the game on the belt as well, that's another item)
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...0x720/487936_228658763937992_1182822479_n.jpg
That's gold man. This really helps alot. Checked out your link to Link bloody awesome. After work i'll be pickin your brain if that's ok...GM

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of the pics i am using for reference. So pretty much everything you see here with sword, scabbard maybe a sling shot. I don't really know the game, never played it to know what goodies he has at his disposal. I'll have to check with my daughter to see. I hope that answers you question...GM

Question answered! :thumbsup Your project simply reminded me of some of the other items from the game, like the quiver, hookshot, or bombchu. They wouldn't be necessary for a costume, but they might be neat to display on a shelf - kinda like in the in-game shops.

In fact, you may have just given me some inspiration for a project of my own, Murdoch.

Not a problem, I'd be more than happy to share my reference material and any details/tips from my own costume.

That's some fantastic work on your Link costume! How did you manage to make the bottle with the fairy inside?

Last edited:
Well i thought of doing the chain maille on my own. Origin has an awesome thread on the topic. So i go to a costume jewellery supply co. just down the street from me and i spoke to the associate about what i needed. Holy crap he tells me $50. a bag and i would need 10-12 bags. See you in hell bro. So i find an online supplier for what i need $15. lol why the difference ah some people...GM

- - - Updated - - -

That's some fantastic work on your Link costume! How did you manage to make the bottle with the fairy inside?

I found a bottle whose shape I liked. However, in game, in both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, the bottle is topped with a cork. So, I bought a bunch of cork circles at Hobby Lobby, glued a stack of them together with wood glue, and then sanded it down until it fit into my bottle:
lrg-1584-pictars_007.jpg

The label is not super accurate. Technically in game the Twilight Princess bottle is just a blank, clear bottle. When you get Lon Lon Milk in Ocarina of Time, it has a label with that basic design, only blue and white and in Nintendo 64 style graphics. Although my Link build was mostly based on Twilight Princess, I wanted to have some extra touches and nods to other games, so I redrew the Lon Lon Milk label in a way to better match Twilight Princess style, and then weathered it and glued it to the bottle.

Just thought that i would ask. The outer edge of the shield, would someone be able to tell me how they would fill in the edge. I was thinking bondo but i thought i would check with experts first.
2014-06-12183856_zps56210eba.jpg

Thanx guys...GM

When I made our swords and scabbards out of cardboard for Link and Dark Link, I resin'd the edges for strength, then hit it with the bondo to fill in/smooth out.

A small update. I just ordered links for the chain-maille, it should take a week to get here. On a sad note however i come to the realization that i really suck at rondoing. Desperately trying to fix things, will post pics once the shame has lifted...GM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back