Captain America TWS (The Winter Soldier

1965008_10201704656030569_134014678_n.jpg Hey Guys! I was planning on changing the color of my shield to the stealth version, any tips on how I won't be able to mess up the painting. I am gonna use spray paint. Thanks :D

Great work and build on this. Very impressive. You should be very proud. Excelent craftsmanship. You going to any cons coming up. My avenger group is looking for a cap.

You did a great work steamshovel! Really impressive suit. I'm started the suit just a week ago, and I need help with the fabric... the color of your is perfect! What kind of fabric did you use?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Woah, such great work here!
Steamshovel, I'll add my earnest request on a "how to" on the padding. Yours looks amazing!

Hey everyone looking for the padding answers, I scratch built all the layers with foam. If you look just a page or two back, you can see how I did the elbows and knees. Same process. Just layer upon layer upon layer. :) An easier (though not AS accurate) way to do these, would be to literally use batting or quilting material underneath. If you look at the Ebay suit ($200 - seems pretty good) you can see they have added the layers and it looks fine.

Loving all your guys work... Well done!

I'm hoping to start my own Stealth suit build very soon,

Just wondered if you guys use any kind of pattern or template for your design, as i wouldn't know where to start.

Any help appreciated.

Dec

Loving all your guys work... Well done!

I'm hoping to start my own Stealth suit build very soon,

Just wondered if you guys use any kind of pattern or template for your design, as i wouldn't know where to start.

Any help appreciated.

Dec

I patterned mine from scratch using the draping method (drape calico on the dress form, pin, and draw the details on). I then made a pattern from the calico pieces. It was pretty time consuming because I measured out all the panels to make everything fit proportionally. I also needed to leave space to fit the star and stripes. There are a lot of panels... Here's some pics to explain my process a little more clearly:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408872065.294382.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408872187.812180.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408872249.794380.jpg

The first image is the drafting of the pattern onto calico (ngl this took me forever). I then made a pattern (I tend to use baking paper) from the calico, which I transferred onto the fabric. Second pic shows the panels pinned to the manni, third pic shows the detail of the collar. I've used bamboo batting, which isn't too thick, for the raised detailing, ironed it so I know where the edge is, then stitched around it.

Because the suit is so detailed and specific you're not really going to find a pattern for it, but you might be able to use a pattern for the base and build the details on top. I really wanted to include as much of the details as I could, but I've seen other suits forgo the panels. Also his Avengers 2 suit is essentially the Stealth Suit with his traditional colours, if you had ambitions for making that too.

Good luck! Hope this helps some :)

Nothing of value to add here.... Just wanted to say awesome work on these suits! I've got to try and mock something up for my 8 year old in the next 2 months, and all of you guys' progress is going to really hep me!!

Would it be ok if I posted a pic of my 8 yr. old Cap here when it's all finished? :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back