DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket Starts at POST 118

Bump to page 5

I change the angle of the lower back edge from 17 degrees to 16 degrees and I increased the radius to .500"

Full disclosure the thickness of the lines are covering up the fact that my line do not perfectly follow the image. I use super fine lines to define the object and then thcken the so they show up in jpeg format

If everyone likes this I will proceed and create the print. if not I'll continue to tweak it.

Looks good to me :)

That's looking great, sir!

It’s seems the Scope Bracket design issues have beed resolved so I think we should move onto the Scope Bracket Attachment Hardware which I call Scope Bracket Nuts since that how they work.

Scottjua makes an awesome Bespin version and he has given me permision to post it in this thread.

ESBBespinScopeBracketNut_zpsa509738b.jpg

The Hoth version was identified by Tacobot as a hermetic sealed bearing off a Thorens TD 124 or TD 124 Mk2 record turntable.

ThorensTD124_zps3ed1505a.jpg

I think these parts are good to go as is but if anyone has additional reference material please post it for discussion.

ESBBespinScopeBracketNut_zpsa509738b.jpg

ThorensTD124_zps3ed1505a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket NUTS POST 173

I think Scott's scope bracket nut looks great, I just think the real thing is a hair taller at the non knurled section.

It also looks to me like the head of the front scope hex bolt on all the blasters is slightly taller than the rear bolt.

I think Scott's scope bracket nut looks great, I just think the real thing is a hair taller at the non knurled section.

It also looks to me like the head of the front scope hex bolt on all the blasters is slightly taller than the rear bolt.

I've owned a real M-32 scope and the bolts are the same, I'll post info about that when we discuss the scope bolts.

The original camera mounting screws had a sharper edge, Scotts thumbscrews seem to be polished/ rounded which soften the details. And yes... The unknurled section could be a tad higher

Markus

The original camera mounting screws had a sharper edge, Scotts thumbscrews seem to be polished/ rounded which soften the details. And yes... The unknurled section could be a tad higher

Markus

Do either of you have a good picture that shows what you are talking about?

I'm doing this on my phone so it won't let me draw thinner lines, but look at the right side of the knob.

There's what looks to be a reflection on the unknurled section in the form of a line. It runs the entire height of that section.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419796991239.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419796991239.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 180

I agree that the edges should be sharper on the knob. That top edge is rounded and it shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back