Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I was just there on Monday and was able to very closely examine that bike. It's a beautiful thing. As I mentioned earlier, there are some small subtle differences between that bike and the Hollywood Museum bike which I was also able to document last week.

It took everything I had not to ask to be able to throw my legs over the bar and sit on it :)

I'd even venture to say the Profiles bike is more complete and more accurate than Paul's bike at the Hollywood Museum.

I was just there on Monday and was able to very closely examine that bike.

DROID: Welcome back. Glad the trip went so well and you got to view two Big Adventure bikes in one trip. Great timing. What graphic was on the PIL bell?

Vintage fender set arrived this weekend. As near as I can tell, shopping is completed. -- BB

Thanks. It's good to be home. It was amazing to see two bikes back to back. I wishi had taken more pics though.

The PIH bike had the same bell as the Hollywood bike. The tailor Mickey. There was actually very little different between the two.

I'm sooooo jealous about the fenders. I still can't find a set.

Those blueprints are really coming out nicely! I've been meaning to do the same thing for a while.

I am a stickler for detail but i need to make this as good as i can before halloween.

MINI PROGRESS: Been working on a more satisfactory solution to the handlebar coupling. Pic attached of what I arrived at. Also a snapshot of the finished name plate.

NICK: Thanks. It'll be awhile before the templates are ready for production but let me know if anything I'm doing will help you out. Anxious for you to get your bike finished. (I want to see the photo of it parked outside the Alamo.)

INVENTOR: Can't wait to see what you come up with for your bike by Halloween.

DROID: As I was looking for fenders for myself, I've also been looking for a set for you. I told everyone I contacted I have a friend looking for the same thing so I'll let you know if anyone comes through. -- BB

I was just there on Monday and was able to very closely examine that bike. It's a beautiful thing. As I mentioned earlier, there are some small subtle differences between that bike and the Hollywood Museum bike which I was also able to document last week.

It took everything I had not to ask to be able to throw my legs over the bar and sit on it :)

I'd even venture to say the Profiles bike is more complete and more accurate than Paul's bike at the Hollywood Museum.

Abe and I were also able to stop by and check out the bicycle at Profiles in history. And yeah im with you on that droidboy, It was difficult to not want to hop on the bicycle... It was great to examin the bicycle up close in bright light. Although it had the original Lightning Dart Tires a few original parts had been replaced like the red plexi fins and streamers. It was missing quite a bit of paint here and there especially on the tiger siren. It is pretty odd how the rear fender was chopped off. Abe had a great theory that perhaps that was the bicycle mounted to a trailer for the riding scenes and the rear fender was in the way. Over all i would say the bicycle at the hollywood museum is in better shape esthetically but there were a few details i noticed on the PIH bicycle that i didnt on the Hollywood Bicycle. Seeing the bicycle got me motivated again to finally finish my bicycle.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you and Abe got to check that bike out. It's too cool not to have seen.

My theory on the rear fender is that it was a duckbill fender and it was cut off so that it looked closer to the non-duckbilled one.

It's funny what we decide we like better. I liked the PIH bike better but it was probably because I got to get closer to it and breathe it in more. Although it was in rougher condition in many ways like you pointed out.

Did anyone see what the Profiles bike sold for? The 'Texas' sign went for $2,500!
The bicycle doesn't show up at all on artfact.com - was it pulled from the auction?

I didn't know I was going to see it until 60 min before I saw it. It was by appt only and I wasn't sure I'd get one on my only day in LA.

I talked with PIL today and they confirmed the bike was pulled from the auction by the consigner.

Did anyone see what the Profiles bike sold for? The 'Texas' sign went for $2,500!
The bicycle doesn't show up at all on artfact.com - was it pulled from the auction?

Francis!

tumblr_m6yv453q831qzbj7zo1_500.jpg

Aviary Photo_130197938231791748.pngAviary Photo_130197941350720497.jpgAviary Photo_130197943194207964.png
I cant believe I have only been working on this project for two and a half weeks. Ive been busy with work the last couple of days so I have not been able to post. I was able to go down to the lbc swap and pick up pedals and seats for both droid and I. I want to say thank you to Bestbikes, he was kind enough to give me a pair of buttons for my box.

Also I obtained some pieces that needed a little work. A couple looked pretty gross but really cheap. For some reason the gooseneck had three layers of paint. I got the lever for 7 bucks it is obviously the wrong factory color. So I used easy-off stove cleaner to take it off. Currently the gooseneck, seat clamp, and brake lever are sitting in the sun letting the oven cleaner works its magic. I was able to paint the bracket on the airguide and the project box black. The airguide was only 9 shipped. I was also able to get the donkey grips and streamers.
Aviary Photo_130197950055979917.pngAviary Photo_130197950675738129.pngparts.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

here is some of the finished work
Aviary Photo_130197956587840764.png

Last edited:
thnx ruddiger and driod. I was fortunate to find a lot of the parts really cheaply. I know im going to struggle when it comes to fabricating and molding the parts.

I want to say thank you to Bestbikes, he was kind enough to give me a pair of buttons for my box.

Happy to help and great to see you are already making progress. BTW: Your next package should be to you by the weekend. Let me know if I can do anything else. Glad to have another newbie to go through this process with. -- BB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back