Complete Build of Amazing Spiderman Suit with all the bells and whistles!

Hello all! I just finished my ASM suit and thought I would share it. I am really excited about it and would like to post some pics and help out anyone that might also be attempting the suit. thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

this is a WIP picture of the puffy painting!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an up close picture of the puffy painted chest piece

- - - Updated - - -

The detail of the paint is really worth the time as you can see below

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

THE ASICS!!!!!!!!!!

I choose to go with the black and yellow ones as I could not find my size in the silver and white ones. After painting, they still came out great!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

TADA!

- - - Updated - - -

I could not help but check out what the foot of the suit would look like with the completed shoe!

This is the face shell that I adapted from one purchased from toys r us

- - - Updated - - -

I grinded down the rubber webbing on it and painted it. It really does a good job of giving the mask the Spidey look

- - - Updated - - -

and finally some pics of the completed suit!

(below is my fav pic!)

- - - Updated - - -

This is my second fav pic :)

below are the web shooters that I picked up. I liked these ones because they have a red light that turns on like in the movie. I painted the silver part to make it as screen as possible. You kind of have to do what you can when purchasing items to go with your suit

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I put velcro on the suit and on the web shooter so that they could be detached if necessary

- - - Updated - - -

this is my attempt at messing around with photoshop lol

- - - Updated - - -

here is a pic of the back of the suit

I used the U shape method for installing (2) invisible zippers going from under the arm pit down to the center of the lower back.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has any questions about the suit please let me know! I have taken so much help from users on this board and others that I would like to extend the same favor to anyone that is putting a suit together!

Accessories list

Webshooters- Ordered from eBay and painted
Undershell-Purchased from toys r us and altered
Lenses- Made by a good friend from eBay that really delivers a great product
Asics- Purchased on ebay, painted with Acrylic paint from Michaels and cut with an eXacto knife
Puffy paint- I used Tulip puffy paint colors Red, Black, and Royal Blue

- - - Updated - - -

I also used a set of metal tips for the puffy paint found at Michaels that I highly recommend! They allow you to have great control of the thickness of the paint.

It looks amazing. Great job, dude!!
How exactly did you alter the face shell? I've been interested in different ways people are getting this done, and I also need one for shaping the lenses I bought.

Awesome! Do you think you could show us the inside of the mask as well?

Last edited:
It looks amazing. Great job, dude!!
How exactly did you alter the face shell? I've been interested in different ways people are getting this done, and I also need one for shaping the lenses I bought.

Awesome! Do you think you could show us the inside of the mask as well?

i used this one. It comes with plastic in the lenses and a strap to hold it on to your head. I just unscrewed those to remove them. I used a die grinder that is used to cut metal to grind the black webbing( made out of a rubber). I then painted it and viola! The lenses that I have happened to fit perfectly into the spacing that is naturally in the mask. It was nice because it helped me with the positioning of the lenses when I super glued them onto the fabric mask
the-amazing-spiderman-electronic-mask_227544_2.jpg

I will take a pic of the inside of the mask soon. Let me know if you have any other questions!

How do you add the lenses to your mask?

Hello! I put the mask on a styrofoam head with the face shell in it. I studied some pictures online to find the best angle to place them at, put some super glue from michaels all over the back edges and viola! Be careful though because the super glue drys very quickly and if you have to rip it off because it went on at the wrong angle, it could tear the fabric. My lenses are bendable so i just held them down for about a minute with my hands and I was very happy with the result.

I got a toy Spider-Man mask from the store and the inside rubber that goes around your eyes already fell out.
Just waiting for that picture of the inside of your mask so I know what to do with mine!

The faceshell is inside the mask and looks like this close up on the inside. I removed the grey plastic parts so that you can get your face as close to the shell as possible so that the shell fits flush with my head. lol. I also grinded down any plastic parts that made it uncomfortable to wear that were in the center forehead area.

100MEDIA_IMAG0632.jpg100MEDIA_IMAG0635.jpg
I got a toy Spider-Man mask from the store and the inside rubber that goes around your eyes already fell out.
Just waiting for that picture of the inside of your mask so I know what to do with mine!

thank you! yes, I sell the suit on ebay and here through the RPF. PM me if interested and I would be more than happy to set something up!
Nice suit. Did u sell this suit on eBay?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! Yes, the shoes are glued on with industrial strength adhesive. It takes about 12 hours to cure and set.
Nice work! Did you glue on the shoes?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much!
Awesome suit. Impressed by your craftsmanship!

- - - Updated - - -

This suit takes about one month to create mostly due to the painting. I do it in small sections to minimize the chance of smearing something that is still wet. As far as hours go, I would say that it takes about 50 hours from start to finish.
Awesome work. I can't imagine the time you must have put into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much! the kind words really mean alot to me!
Great job.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back