Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

The second one is the Marushin, you can clearly see the step on the bolt. The second one also has a weird magazine, it's totally rounded which the real things are not, they have angle cut back corners, and it has no side notch.

And yeah every one of these damn things has something different going on with the hammer. The first one appears to have been glued in place because you can't actually get the hammer to stay in that position, but notice the trigger is also almost completely depressed, so that's also gotta be glued in place.

image.jpg

Im trying to match up the weathering and see if either of those is one of the Launch Bay ones.

EDIT: the weathering on either of these does not math the gun we see Harriaon use in the film or posters. The biggest tell of the one he mainly used is the large paint chip on the far back end of the scope mount.

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

seems so....good eye...

thanks for the vid link!

They seem to have many different versions maybe for different purposes. Not identical.

Some good details there as well as some "how to" for the painting/weathering etc... we can see how that did some.

Get your big stipple brush ready...

I've read through most of the thread, which is more accurate, the HFC or the Maurshin?

I've read through most of the thread, which is more accurate, the HFC or the Maurshin?

Ford/Solo is holding the HFC in the posters and movie stills as evidenced by the hammer details. Seems they used Maurshin for some of the props as well for some reason. Maybe different functions/uses.

The trigger may be custom to the unit inside.

You can see the red light from the flash hider when Ford fires the blaster.

The hammer also still functions, so they had to have messed around with the trigger and added sensors for the electronics.

They seem to have kept the electric air soft mech on the rifles. When they pulled the trigger you could hear it cycle.

They seem to have kept the electric air soft mech on the rifles. When they pulled the trigger you could hear it cycle.

I was wondering about that. You can hear a similar sound on the bowcaster too which is confusing.

I have been modding my long hfc magazine today and when i put it back in the gun it struck me it was a bit off from the poster image , the bottom plate is to far forward compared to the picture , this leads me to belive there is no mag in the gun on the poster , its really no easy way to move the bottom plate back on the mag , but with just the plate it makes perfect sense , to move it backward to be able cover the holes visible behind the mag when the mag is in.
so maybe no mag ? image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just take a look at the launchbay ones also , the bottom plate should have been maybe 3mm further towards the front

I have been modding my long hfc magazine today and when i put it back in the gun it struck me it was a bit off from the poster image , the bottom plate is to far forward compared to the picture , this leads me to belive there is no mag in the gun on the poster , its really no easy way to move the bottom plate back on the mag , but with just the plate it makes perfect sense , to move it backward to be able cover the holes visible behind the mag when the mag is in.
so maybe no mag ? View attachment 615174View attachment 615173View attachment 615172

Is the mag in backwards? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I don't own a Mauser replica.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is the mag in backwards? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I don't own a Mauser replica.
No there is no way to get it in backwards ( without serious machining or a big hammer :D) it would also move the now famous notch to the wrong side

Maybe the mag plate is filed down a bit around the edges?

If u look at the clip from the armory BTS video when Harrison fires not only does the hammer move and a red light. Flashes in barrel . the blow back action on the slide works!!! So it seems they used operational battery airsofts for those rifles and Hans blaster

Yeah, that mag plate is not in It's original position. Unless maybe the mag on the movie blaster is from a different manufacturer than the mags we have. But I doubt it.

I think the bottom plate was used but not the magazine to free up space to use for electronics or just free up weight. Maybe they epoxied the plate back on and they shifted it to the back. This could be tested, someone tap out the pins on their mag and place the bottom plate on and shift it towards the back and take a picture and post it.

In this picture you can clearly see where they JB Welded the bottom plate on that particular stunt:

image.jpegimage1.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back