Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Why couldn't she do this in a Slave Leia costume????????:p

You mean the costume she's in here...
carrie fisher.jpg

I know I have seen this before but I just found it again and... well could someone please explain this image:
explain.jpg

:lol :lol

That seems to be Chewie's family from the holiday spécial: His wife, his boy and his paps.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Came across this trailer for ESB showing only Ralph McQuarrie's concept art not sure if this has been posted sorry if it has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Came across this trailer for ESB showing only Ralph McQuarrie's concept art not sure if this has been posted sorry if it has.

The Empire Strikes Back: Teaser Trailer - YouTube

That makes be wish I had never seen TESB and could watch it for the first time all over again.

Hate to admit it, but the prequels, special editions, and lack of the real originals on blu ray did some damage to my Star Wars fandom. But I haven't turned to the dark side yet. I'm ready to move on and give JJ + Disney a chance. They have quite a challenge in front of them, but if they can grasp just half of what made that teaser for ESB so great, then Episode VII will be a great ride.

I don't know, I love STAR WARS, all of it. Some is better then others but I love the movies, read the books, watched CLONE WARS. I can do so while still appreciating the failings of some of the content. I have STAR WARS props and models scattered around my home (well, in a few closets where the wife has relegated them) and as a 45 year old father of a 7 month old, can't wait to share that experience with him. I have no connection with fans who get so angry about the property they feel compelled to abandon it. I respect their point of view, it's just very odd to me. When I saw ANH in 1977, I was just short of my ninth Birthday and it was magic. Somehow I can always see the magic in it since.

That makes be wish I had never seen TESB and could watch it for the first time all over again.

Hate to admit it, but the prequels, special editions, and lack of the real originals on blu ray did some damage to my Star Wars fandom. But I haven't turned to the dark side yet. I'm ready to move on and give JJ + Disney a chance. They have quite a challenge in front of them, but if they can grasp just half of what made that teaser for ESB so great, then Episode VII will be a great ride.

I have to agree, I do appreciate the original Trilogy non-SE versions. I think JJ is a great story teller, I was really worried about the next set of Star Wars movies until hearing that JJ was going to direct them. I loved lost for the most part. He seems to have done ok with the new Star Trek movies IMO, so I'm willing to give him a shot.

...I have no connection with fans who get so angry about the property they feel compelled to abandon it. I respect their point of view, it's just very odd to me...
I agree, for the most part. Even the Holiday Special didn't damage my love of Star Wars (though I only needed to see it once to know I didn't need to watch it ever again). I really like the Original Trilogy movies (the original Original Trilogy movies, that is), accept the Prequel Trilogy movies for what they are, enjoy watching both of the Clone Wars animated series, and have enjoyed some of the novels I've read. The missteps by Lucas, et al, over the years haven't diminished that.

That said, I completely understand it when fans say their disappointment with some of the things that have been produced under the Star Wars brand have changed their opinions of the franchise in general because I was a devoted Dexter fan for all eight seasons. I still supported the show even though the last four seasons were really hit-and-miss. But I was so disappointed with the final season, and the final episode specifically, that it did affect my enthusiasm for the show, which is something I never expected or would have anticipated.

I look forward to reading some official news somewhere on the thread soon after 203 pages of rumors and speculation. :(

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back