Greedo Blaster Discussion

I posted these in Markus' thread but more people may see them here:

Nice Man!

Ok... I am about to post some blaster reference finds in other threads too... and here's the first... maybe it'll help, but it's all I can find on Greedo:

OPEN IN NEW TAB/WINDOW for HUGE size

greedo1.jpg

greedo2.jpg

and for fun... what greedo's blaster got him
greedoDED.jpg

Here are a few scaled drawings that I used. There seems to be some discrepancies in them, but that could all be based of different angles & such or were there 2 different versions of the gun. Scaling photos only gets you so close.

I scaled these off of known dimensions as much as possible. It is a little difficult to get close with the blurry photos though. Feel free to give input if I have some of the dimensions incorrect on the known pieces.

Does the barrel go all the way through the Tomtit piece?

Toolguy, I hope you are okay. If you are too busy to continue modeling the barrel and sight, I will take them as-is if you load them to Shapeways. They are better than anything I have now.

Sorry haven't been around in a while been busy on a couple of other projects plus been busy learning to walk again. Still hobbling around on crutches. MJF let me look back over things & I may makes some updates to the barrel. I think the sight would be good based on the dimensions that have been posted but I think I want to look at that as well.

In working on the barrel piece I decided to go ahead & design up the majority of the pieces to put this gun together only cause this is what I plan on using even though the real parts are available. I was getting frustrated with the position of the Tomtit on the barrel.

Here is a photo of the barrel with how the Tomtit piece fits. I am going to shorten the barrel to be in the recess. If it is the major consensus that the pointed piece that is seen inside the Tomtit piece is actually a Mitchell piece similar to the Boba Fett toe spikes, then I may take a stab at putting that on the end of the barrel.

I did a piece to go on the end of the stylus brushes opposite the trans rotor piece. It is a cone with a knurl.

I did make a complete assembly of the rocket. The whole assembly is hollow. I revised the trans rotor pieces for this assembly. This has the added tapered piece at the end of the stylus brush. This is just another option.

I have the rear site complete as well to fit in the airsoft pistol to look like the real Ruger site.

The rear site & the barrel aren't available for order yet cause I would like some input on the direction to go in.

Attachments

• Greedo_Blaster_Parts.jpg
    Greedo_Blaster_Parts.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 163
  • Barrel_Assembly_Views.jpg
    Barrel_Assembly_Views.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 146
Did some more work on the barrel. Here are a couple of options with the shorter barrel & added the cone tip inside the Tomtit piece. The cone is a separate piece & would slide inside the barrel.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Barrel_Assembly_Options.jpg
    Barrel_Assembly_Options.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Barrel_Tip.jpg
    Barrel_Tip.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 108
I found a Ruger MKII on Grabcad & did some work on it & assembled the whole gun in CAD. Here are some renders of how the whole thing looks with what I designed up. I don't have the screw cover on the back of the slide though..

Attachments

• Greedo_Blaster_Views.jpg
    Greedo_Blaster_Views.jpg
    785 KB · Views: 201
Can you make a barrel and a cone emitter pieces so that they canbe placed on the Tomtit grill piece without having to drill or cut it?

Also,, someone correct me if i am wrong, the disk goes over the top screw on the grip... right?

So what is the general consensus of:
Is there a cone on the rest of the rod (both sides)?
Is there anything on the gun at the same location of ejector port but on the opposite side? There appears to be a flat grayish thing but it does not look like the tomtit piece.

Last edited:
I didn't spend too much time on the accuracy of placement of everything on this plus I would have had to modify some models to do a better job. I primarily was wanting to show scale & the overall look of the gun.

I did a number of things per different discussions in this thread that have really not been clarified. This give a good visual as to how it would look.

As for the barrel I don't have the Tomtit piece so I don't know what would be involved in making it fit on the barrel without modification. I have only seen photos of the sides of this but nothing showing from the ends.

I'm only asking because I don't know. I making a lot of assumptions and I want to make sure of whatever facts are out there, i have.

I can get you measurements of the inside of the tomtit piece if you are willing to do it. Or if you want to borrow a set, I can loan it to you.

MJF, went through & revised all the models including all the Mitchell pieces so that they are able to be printed in the metallic plastic. I updated the complete rocket assembly as well. I had to nix the hollow trans rotor so that those pieces could be printed in the metallic plastic.

If you can take a few photos of the inside of the Tomtit piece from both sides & give me some dimensions. I will see about modifying the barrel so there won't be any modification to the Tomtit piece.

Revised the barrel so that it is tapered up to the point where the Tomtit piece sits at which point it is straight & will fit inside & go to the depth of the recess. Opposite that I came up with a "witch hat" spike, that will fit into the recess opposite the barrel. This is made to slide inside the Tomtit piece. For the barrel & the spike there may be some fitting, but it should be very close., but there won't have to be any cutting or modifying the Tomtit piece.

The barrel has a .500" hole with a key way that will mate up to the preferred airsoft pistol that everyone seems to be using.

Here are some renders of how the barrel assembly looks.

Attachments

• Barrel_Assembly_Views_1.jpg
    Barrel_Assembly_Views_1.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 125

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back